World Heritage Day 2020 observed globally on 18 April
World Heritage Day 2020 observed globally on 18 April to preserve the human heritage and to recognise all the efforts of relevant organizations. The theme of this day is Shared Culture, Shared Heritage and Shared responsibility.
Useful Notes for all competitive exams:
- UNESCO formation: 4 November 1946.
- UNESCO Headquarters: Paris, France.
- UNESCO Director-General: Audrey Azoulay.
- Headquarters of International Council on Monuments and Sites (ICOMOS): Paris, France.
- International Council on Monuments and Sites (ICOMOS) Founded: 1965.
- President of International Council on Monuments and Sites: Toshiyuki Kono.
National Current Affairs Headlines
National Conference on Kharif crops 2020
The National Conference on Kharif crops 2020 was held through video conference to discuss various issues and to list out measures in consultation with the States about their preparedness for Kharif cultivation amid the lockdown situation. The Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare, Narendra Singh Tomar addressed the conference and emphasized on achieving the aim of Kharif target and take up doubling of farmers’ income in the mission mode
Virtual COVID-19 meet for businesses host by Indian High Commission (UK)
To address concerns around the economic impact of the coronavirus lockdown in the United Kingdom, The Indian High Commission in United Kingdom has organised a virtual roundtable COVID-19 meet for businesses “Covid-19: Issues, Challenges and Way Forward”. The “Covid-19: Issues, Challenges and Way Forward” meet also deliberated on the issues faced by Indian businesses across various sectors such as financial services, hospitality, healthcare, information technology and IT services.
States Current Affairs Headlines
New pit viper in Arunachal Pradesh named after Harry Potter character
- The new species, Trimeresurus Salazar is the fifth variety of reptile to have been discovered in Arunachal Pradesh in a little more than a year.
- A group of researchers who recorded this serpent has named it Salazar’s pit viper. The name was inspired by Salazar Slytherin, the co-founder of J.K. Rowlings’ fictional Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
The United Kingdom’s sporting motorcycle brand ‘Norton’ has been acquired by TVS Motor Company’s overseas subsidiary TVS Motor Singapore Pte. Ltd. in an all-cash transaction of £16 million. Norton, a 122 year-old motorcycle company was founded by James Lansdowne Norton in Birmingham and went on to become the most popular British motorcycle brands of all time.
Science and Technology Headlines
CSIR-NAL develops Personal Protective Coverall Suit
CSIR-National Aerospace Laboratories has developed Personal Protective Suit for COVID-19 protection in association with MAF Clothing Pvt. Ltd., Bengaluru. The polyproplylene spun laminated multi-layered non-woven fabric based suit has been developed for the front line health workers i.e. Doctors, Nurses, Paramedical staff and Health Care workers working round the clock on COVID-19 mitigation.
‘Kisan Rath’ app to help farmers transport their farm produce
Union Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare Minister Narendra Singh Tomar launched a farmer-friendly mobile application Kisan Rath to facilitate farmers and traders in searching vehicles for primary and secondary transportation of agriculture and horticulture produce.
‘Assess Koro Na’ app launched by Delhi government
The Delhi Government has launched ‘Assess Koro Na’ mobile application and advised the officials to use the new ‘Assess Koro Na’ app to do a door-to-door survey in COVID-19 containment zones. This mobile application will speed up decision-making by analysing the real-time data and hence removing a major obstacle in the efforts to contain the virus.
Useful Notes for all competitive exams:
- Chief Minister of Delhi: Arvind Kejriwal.
- Lieutenant Governor of Delhi: Anil Baijal.
- 10 April 2022 Current Affairs Updates in English
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month – Day 8
- 10th April 2022 Current Affairs and Gk Updates in Hindi
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month – Day 7
- 8th and 9th April 2022 Current Affairs Updates in English
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month – Day 6