1) Cue (Noun) – संकेत
Meaning: a thing said or done that serves as a signal to an actor or other performer to enter or to begin their speech or performance.
Synonyms: signal, sign, indication
Antonyms: exterior, exteriority, lock
Usage: “she had not yet been given her cue to come out on to the dais”
2) Afloat (Adjective) – तैरता हुआ
Meaning: floating in water; not sinking.
Synonyms: buoyant, floating
Usage: “they trod water to keep afloat”
3) Deploying (Verb) – तैनात करना
Meaning: move (troops or equipment) into position for military action.
Synonyms: position, station, post
Usage: “forces were deployed at strategic locations”
4) Indulge (Verb) – लिप्त होना
Meaning: allow oneself to enjoy the pleasure of.
Synonyms: wallow in, give oneself up to, give way to
Usage: “we indulged in a cream tea”
5) Assurance (Noun) – आश्वासन
Meaning: a positive declaration intended to give confidence; a promise.
Synonyms: word, guarantee, promise
Antonyms: falsehood, lie, breach
Usage: “he gave an assurance that work would begin on Monday”
6) Moratorium (Noun) – अधिस्थगन
Meaning: a temporary prohibition of an activity.
Synonyms: embargo, ban, prohibition
Antonyms: continuance, continuation, persistence
Usage: “a moratorium on the use of drift nets”
7) Anomaly (Noun) – विसंगति
Meaning: something that deviates from what is standard, normal, or expected.
Synonyms: oddity, peculiarity, abnormality
Antonyms: average, norm, normal
Usage: “there are a number of anomalies in the present system”
8) Granular (Adjective) – दानेदार
Meaning: resembling or consisting of small grains or particles.
Synonyms: powder, powdered
Antonyms: fine, comminuted, floury
Usage:The histogenesis of granular cell tumors has been debated since their recognition.
9)Imminent (Adjective) – आसन्न
Meaning:about to happen.
Synonyms:impending, at hand, close
Usage: “they were in imminent danger of being swept away”
10) Dampen (Verb) – आर्द्र करना
Meaning: make slightly wet.
Synonyms: moisten, damp, wet
Antonyms: dry, drench
Usage: “the fine rain dampened her face”
- Computer Knowledge Quiz for all Competitive Exams: Day 3
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Jan Month– Day 22
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Jan Month– Day 21
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Jan Month– Day 20
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Jan Month– Day 19
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Jan Month– Day 18