Directions to Solve
Laws of nature are not commands but statements of acts. The use of the word “law” in this context is rather unfortunate. It would be better to speak of uniformities in nature. This would do away with the elementary fallacy that a law implies a law giver. If a piece of matter does not obey a law of nature it is punished. On the contrary, we say that the law has been incorrectly started.
|1.||If a piece of matter violates nature’s law, it is not punished because|
A. it is not binding to obey it
B. there is no superior being to enforce the law of nature
C. it cannot be punished
D. it simply means that the facts have not been correctly stated by law
|2.||Laws of nature differ from man-made laws because|
A. the former state facts of Nature
B. they must be obeyed
C. they are natural
D. unlike human laws, they are systematic
|3.||The laws of nature based on observation are|
A. conclusion about the nature of the universe.
B. true and unfalsifiable.
C. figments of the observer imagination.
D. subject to change in the light of new facts.
|4.||The author is not happy with word ‘law’ because|
A. it connotes rigidity and harshness
B. it implies an agency which has made them
C. it does not convey the sense of nature’s uniformity
D. it gives rise to false beliefs
- Daily Current Affairs in English 11 Sep 2022 – Useful for all Competitive Exams
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 10
- 11 Sep 2022 Daily Current Affairs in Hindi – सभी प्रतियोगी परीक्षाओं के लिए महत्वपूर्ण
- 10 Sep 2022 Daily Current Affairs in Hindi – सभी प्रतियोगी परीक्षाओं के लिए महत्वपूर्ण
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 9
- Daily Current Affairs in English 10 Sep 2022 – Useful for all Competitive Exams