1) Who among the following has launched the FICCI-FLO initiative ‘Empowering the Greater 50%’ to empower women?
A) Narendra Modi
B) Amit Shah
C) Smriti Irani
D) G Kishan Reddy
2) Who among the following has been appointed as the Chairman of IFTAS ?
A) Suresh Mehta
B) Anand Makhija
C) Rajesh Singh
D) T. Rabi Sankar
3) Veteran journalist and Former MP Vishwa Mohan Gupta who passed away recently was related to which political party ?
4) The recent draft rules have proposed that the total foreign investment in case of Pension funds have been capped at ___________ percent.
5) Who has recently been appointed as the 15th director of the National Science Foundation?
A) Stephanie Forest
B) Katina Michael
C) Sethuraman Panchanathan
D) Chitta Baral
6) Which of the following institutions has developed a chip Dhruva to be used in smartphones and navigation devices to find locations ?
7) Name the PPE suit licensed by the National Research Development Corporation to meet the ongoing countrywide demand of quality PPE kits.
8) What is India’s position as an economy in terms of purchasing power parity (PPP) ?
9) Which of the following stock exchanges has bagged a spot among world’s 10 most valued stock exchanges ?
A) Inter-connected Stock Exchange of India
B) National Stock Exchange
C) Bombay Stock Exchange
10) How much has India pledged to the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA) over the next two years?
A) 5 million dollars
B) 10 million dollars
C) 15 million dollars
D) 20 million dollars
11) Which of the following institutions has developed Nanozymes that destroys the cell membrane of bacteria?
A) IIT Roorkee
B) IIT Madras
C) IIT Hyderabad
D) IISC, Bengaluru
12) As per Moody’s, India’s GDP is expected to shrink by ________ per cent in 2020.
13) Name the initiative launched by HRD Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank to help systematically assimilate technologies and information related to incubated startups in the country’s higher education institutions.
14) The government of which state has declared 29.53-sq-km area in Konkan as a conservation reserve?
A) Tamil Nadu
15) Name the Indian-origin chief of the London Stock Exchange who has been appointed as CEO to UK’s financial regulator.
A) Tanya Grover
B) Nikhil Rathi
C) Rishi Sunak
D) Anand Kumar
16) Which of the following countries is all set to Join the UN Arms Trade Treaty To Enhance ‘peace And Stability’ ?
C) North Korea
17) Which organisation has recently joined hands with WHO and the United Nations to fight COVID-19 ?
A) International Olympic Academy
B) US Olympic Paralympic Committee
C) World Anti-Doping Agency
D) International Olympic Committee
18) The government of which state is all set to launch the Indira Rasoi Yojna to ensure that ‘‘no one sleeps hungry’‘ in the state ?
A) Uttar Pradesh
B) Madhya Pradesh
19) How much amount has been paid by the PM CARES Fund for the supply of 50,000 ventilators to government run COVID hospitals?
A) 1,200 crore
B) 500 crore
C) 1,500 crore
D) 2,000 crore
Daily Current Affairs Video
- 16th May 2021 Current Affairs in English
- 16th May 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- 14th and 15th May 2021 Current Affairs in English
- 14th and 15th May 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: May Month– Day 15
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: May Month– Day 14
28 total views, 1 views today