1) Pandemic (Noun) – महामारी
Meaning: prevalent over a whole country or the world.
Synonyms: widespread, prevalent, pervasive
Antonyms: exclusive, extraordinary, incomplete
Usage: The WHO announces COVID-19 as pandemic.
2) Prudent (Adjective) – विवेकी
Meaning: acting with or showing care and thought for the future.
Synonyms: wise, well judged, judicious
Antonyms: unwise, imprudent, incautious
Usage: “no prudent money manager would authorize a loan without first knowing its purpose”
3) Incapacitated (Verb) – अक्षम
Meaning: prevent from functioning in a normal way.
Synonyms: disabled, debilitated, indisposed
Usage: “he was incapacitated by a heart attack”
4) Malaise (Noun) – अस्वस्थता
Meaning: a general feeling of discomfort, illness, or unease whose exact cause is difficult to identify.
Synonyms: unhappiness, restlessness, uneasiness
Antonyms: comfort, well-being
Usage: “a general air of malaise”
5) Stringent (Adjective) – कड़ी से कड़ी
Meaning: strict, precise, and exacting.
Synonyms: strict, firm, rigid
Antonyms: lenient, flexible
Usage: “stringent guidelines on air pollution”
6) Apprehensive (Adjective) – आशंकावान
Meaning: anxious or fearful that something bad or unpleasant will happen.
Synonyms: anxious, alarmed, worried
Usage: “he felt apprehensive about going home”
7) Obscure (Adjective) – अस्पष्ट
Meaning: not discovered or known about; uncertain.
Synonyms: unclear, uncertain, unknown
Antonyms: clear, apparent, evident
Usage: “his origins and parentage are obscure”
8) Abiding (Adjective) – स्थायी
Meaning: lasting a long time; enduring.
Synonyms: enduring, lasting, persisting
Antonyms: short-lived, ephemeral, transitory
Usage: “he had an abiding respect for her”
9) Trauma (Noun) – अभिघात
Meaning: physical injury.
Synonyms: injury, damage, hurt
Usage: “rupture of the diaphragm caused by blunt trauma”
10) Clusters (Noun) – समूह
Meaning: a group of similar things or people positioned or occurring closely together.
Synonyms: bunch, clump, collection
Antonyms: individual, one, whole
Usage: “clusters of creamy-white flowers”
- Computer Knowledge Quiz for all Competitive Exams: Day 3
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Jan Month– Day 22
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Jan Month– Day 21
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Jan Month– Day 20
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Jan Month– Day 19
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Jan Month– Day 18