1) Barring (Preposition) – के सिवाय
Meaning: except for; if not for.
Synonyms: with the exception of, excepting
Antonyms: including, inclusive of, plus
Usage: “barring accidents, we should win”
2) Lauded (Verb) – प्रशंसा करना
Meaning: praise (a person or their achievements) highly.
Synonyms: praise, extol, hail
Usage: “the obituary lauded him as a great statesman and soldier”
3) Inevitable (Adjective) – अवश्यंभावी
Meaning: certain to happen; unavoidable.
Synonyms: unavoidable, inescapable
Usage: “war was inevitable”
4) Adjourn (Verb) – स्थगित करना
Meaning: go somewhere for rest or refreshment.
Synonyms: withdraw, retire, retreat
Antonyms: assemble, continue
Usage: “they adjourned to a local pub”
5) Perished (Verb) – नाश होना
Meaning: die, especially in a violent or sudden way.
Synonyms: die, lose one’s life
Antonyms: fresh, alive
Usage: “a great part of his army perished of hunger and disease”
6) Expatriate (Adjective) – देशनिष्कासिती
Meaning: denoting or relating to a person living outside their native country.
Synonyms: emigrant, living abroad
Antonyms: native, indigenous
Usage: “expatriate workers”
7) Unprecedented (Adjective) – अभूतपूर्व
Meaning: never done or known before.
Synonyms: unparalleled, unequalled, unmatched
Antonyms: normal, common
Usage: “the government took the unprecedented step of releasing confidential correspondence”
8) Rampant (Adjective) – अनियंत्रित
Meaning: flourishing or spreading unchecked.
Synonyms: uncontrolled, unrestrained, unchecked
Antonyms: controlled, under control
Usage:”political violence was rampant”
9)Populous (Adjective) – जनपूर्ण
Meaning: having a large population; densely populated.
Synonyms:crowded, congested, packed
Antonyms: uninhabited, deserted
Usage: “the populous city of Shanghai”
10) Dismal (Adjective) – निराशाजनक
Meaning: causing a mood of gloom or depression.
Synonyms: dingy, dim, dark
Antonyms: bright, cheerful
Usage: “the dismal weather made the late afternoon seem like evening”
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: May Month– Day 15
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: May Month– Day 14
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: May Month– Day 13
37 total views, 1 views today