1) Deteriorate (Verb) – बिगड़ जाना
Meaning: become progressively worse.
Synonyms: worsen, get worse, decline
Usage: “relations between the countries had deteriorated sharply”
2) Nadir (Noun) – निम्नतम स्तर
Meaning: the lowest or most unsuccessful point in a situation.
Synonyms: rock-bottom, the depths
Antonyms: zenith, acme
Usage: “asking that question was the nadir of my career”
3) Shambles (Noun) – अव्यवस्था, कुल विकार की स्थिति
Meaning: a state of total disorder.
Synonyms: chaos, mess, muddle
Antonyms: orderliness, calm, harmony
Usage: “my career was in a shambles”
4) Empathy (Noun) – समानुभूति
Meaning: the ability to understand and share the feelings of another
Synonyms: togetherness, closeness to
Usage: I did not have empathy for the characters
5) Daunting (Adjective) – भयभीत करने वाला
Meaning: seeming difficult to deal with in prospect; intimidating.
Synonyms: intimidating, formidable, disconcerting
Antonyms: encouraging, heartening
Usage: “a daunting task”
6) Accumulated (Verb) – संचित
Meaning: gather together or acquire an increasing number or quantity of.
Synonyms: gather, collect, assemble
Usage: “investigators have yet to accumulate enough evidence”
7) Nurtured (Verb) – पालना
Meaning: care for and protect (someone or something) while they are growing.
Synonyms: bring up, care for
Antonyms: neglect, hinder
Usage: “Jarrett was nurtured by his parents in a close-knit family”
8) Lethal (Adjective) – जानलेवा
Meaning: very harmful or destructive.
Synonyms: fatal, deadly, mortal
Antonyms: harmless, safe
Usage: “the Krakatoa eruption was the most lethal on record”
9) Contention (Noun) – विवाद
Meaning: heated disagreement.
Synonyms: disagreement, dispute, disputation
Usage: “the captured territory was the main area of contention between the two countries”
10) Behest (Noun) – आज्ञा या आदेश
Meaning: a person’s orders or command.
Synonyms: instruction, bidding, request
Antonyms: answer, question, reply
Usage: “they had assembled at his behest”
- 16th May 2021 Current Affairs in English
- 16th May 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- 14th and 15th May 2021 Current Affairs in English
- 14th and 15th May 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: May Month– Day 15
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: May Month– Day 14
36 total views, 1 views today