Panoply(Noun) : धूमधाम
- Meaning: A large and impressive range of things
- अर्थ: चीजों की एक बड़ी और प्रभावशाली श्रेणी
- Synonym: Array, range
- Antonym: Hiding, Dullness
- Example: A panoply of innovations has helped chile to out perform its south american neighbors.
Turgid (Adjective): सूजा हुआ
- Meaning: Swollen
- अर्थ: सूजा हुआ
- Synonyms: tumid, inflated, bombastic, tumescent , bloated
- Antonyms: deflated, decreased, diminished, contracted, chapfallen
- Example: The river rolled darkly brown and turgid.
SMATTERING (noun) : गिरोह
- Meaning: a small number
- अर्थ: एक छोटी संख्या
- Synonyms: couple, few, handful, sprinkle.
- Antonyms: horde, legion, loads, multitude.
- Example: He spoke a smattering of words she didn’t understand.
Diminution (NOUN) : कमी
- Meaning: a reduction in the size, extent, or importance of something.
- अर्थ: किसी चीज के आकार, सीमा या महत्व में कमी।
- Synonyms: curtailment, curtailing, cutting back, cut back, cut, attenuation, reduction, lessening,
- Antonym: accretion, accrual, accumulation, addition, supplement
- Example: Led by P.V. Narasimha Rao, it steered the country away from a diminution of its political stature that was assured were it to renege on them.
GRIM (adjective) : विकट
- Meaning: very serious or gloomy.
- अर्थ: बहुत गंभीर या उदास।
- Synonyms: stern, forbidding, uninviting, unapproachable
- Antonyms: amiable, pleasant
- Example: His expression was grim when he told them they had lost their jobs.
PANDER (verb) : कृतार्थ
- Meaning: gratify or indulge (an immoral or distasteful desire or taste or a person with such a desire or taste)
- अर्थ: तृप्ति या भोग (एक अनैतिक या अरुचिकर इच्छा या स्वाद या ऐसी इच्छा या स्वाद वाला व्यक्ति)
- Synonyms: indulge, gratify, satisfy, yield.
- Antonyms: dissatisfy, deny, refuse, disturb.
- Example: She tries to hold on to as much genuine stuff as she can while pandering to fancier tastes.
BLOC (noun) : संघ
- Meaning: a group of countries or political parties with common interests who have formed an alliance.
- अर्थ: समान हितों वाले देशों या राजनीतिक दलों के एक समूह ने गठबंधन बनाया है।
- Synonyms: association, coalition, federation, confederation.
- Example: The parliamentary members tended to coalesce in blocs, which were alliances in support of particular philosophies.
HAPLESS (Adjective) : दुर्भाग्य
- Meaning: (especially of a person) unfortunate.
- अर्थ: (विशेषकर किसी व्यक्ति का) दुर्भाग्य।
- Synonyms: unfortunate, unlucky
- Antonyms: fortunate, lucky
- Example: When Jason lost his wife and job on the same day, he knew he was a hapless soul.
SUBJUGATE(Verb) : अधीन करना
- Meaning: to treat yourself, your wishes, or your beliefs as being less important than other people or their wishes or beliefs
- अर्थ: अपने आप को, अपनी इच्छाओं को, या अपनी मान्यताओं को अन्य लोगों या उनकी इच्छाओं या विश्वासों से कम महत्वपूर्ण मानना
- Synonyms: conquer, enslave
- Antonyms: lose, release
- Usage: Reporters must subjugate personal political convictions to their professional commitment to balance.
- 10 April 2022 Current Affairs Updates in English
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month – Day 8
- 10th April 2022 Current Affairs and Gk Updates in Hindi
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month – Day 7
- 8th and 9th April 2022 Current Affairs Updates in English
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month – Day 6