1) Prosecute (Verb) – पर मुकदमा चलाना
Meaning: institute or conduct legal proceedings against (a person or organization).
Synonyms: bring a suit against, indict, arraign
Antonyms: defend, let off, pardon
Usage: “they were prosecuted for obstructing the highway”
2) Render (Verb) – सौंपना
Meaning: provide or give (a service, help, etc.).
Synonyms: give, provide, supply
Antonyms: cloud, conceal, confuse
Usage: “money serves as a reward for services rendered”
3) Sedition (Noun) – राज-द्रोह
Meaning: conduct or speech inciting people to rebel against the authority of a state or monarch.
Synonyms: revolt, insurrection, rioting
Antonyms: calm, obedience, peace
Usage: The false accusations we heard in the news media last week incite sectarian sedition.
4) Incitement (Noun) – उकसाना
Meaning: the action of provoking unlawful behaviour or urging someone to behave unlawfully.
Synonyms: egging on, urging, goading
Antonyms: deterrent, hindrance, impediment
Usage: “this amounted to an incitement to commit murder”
5) Frivolous (Adjective) – कोई गंभीर उद्देश्य या मूल्य नहीं होना
Meaning: not having any serious purpose or value.
Synonyms: jokey, light-hearted, facetious
Antonyms: serious, earnest, sensible
Usage: “frivolous ribbons and lacy frills”
6) Contemplated (Verb) – विचार करना
Meaning: look thoughtfully for a long time at.
Synonyms: look at, view, regard
Antonyms: rejected, rebuffed, shunned
Usage: “he contemplated his image in the mirrors”
7) Enmity (Noun) – शत्रुता
Meaning: a state or feeling of active opposition or hostility.
Synonyms: hostility, animosity, antagonism
Antonyms: friendship, goodwill
Usage: “decades of enmity between the two countries”
8) Scrutiny (Noun) – संवीक्षा
Meaning: critical observation or examination.
Synonyms: careful examination, inspection, survey
Antonyms: glance, cursory look
Usage: “every aspect of local government was placed under scrutiny”
9) Mirage (Noun) – मृगतृष्णा
Meaning: an optical illusion caused by atmospheric conditions, especially the appearance of a sheet of water in a desert
Synonyms: optical illusion, hallucination
Antonyms: certainty, fact, reality
Usage: “the surface of the road ahead rippled in the heat mirages”
10) Becalmed (Verb) – फंसा हुआ
Meaning: leave (a sailing ship) unable to move through lack of wind.
Synonyms: stranded, stuck, marooned
Antonyms: active, mobile, moving
Usage: “both boats hung on before the whole fleet was becalmed south of Rampholme”
- 11th and 12th June 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- 11th and 12th June 2021 Current Affairs in English
- 10th June 2021 Current Affairs in English
- 09th June 2021 Current Affairs in English
- 07th and 08th June 2021 Current Affairs in English
- 10th June 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
96 total views, 1 views today