1) Rout (Noun) – एक निर्णायक हार।
Meaning: a decisive defeat.
Synonyms: crushing defeat, overwhelming defeat, defeat
Usage: “the party lost more than half their seats in the rout”
2) Teetering (Verb) – डगमगाना
Meaning: move or balance unsteadily; sway back and forth.
Synonyms: totter, walk unsteadily, wobble
Antonyms:stable, steady, balanced
Usage: “she teetered after him in her high-heeled sandals”
3) Jolt (Noun) – झटका
Meaning: push or shake (someone or something) abruptly and roughly.
Synonyms: push, thrust, jar
Usage: “a surge in the crowd behind him jolted him forwards”
4) Cope (Verb) – सामना करना
Meaning: deal effectively with something difficult.
Synonyms: manage, survive, subsist
Antonyms: ignore, neglect
Usage: “his ability to cope with stress”
5) Volatile (Noun) – अस्थिरमति
Meaning: liable to change rapidly and unpredictably, especially for the worse.
Synonyms: tense, strained, fraught
Antonyms: stable, calm
Usage: “the political situation was becoming more volatile”
6) Excise (Noun) – आबकारी या उत्पाद शुल्क
Meaning: a tax levied on certain goods and commodities produced or sold within a country and on licences granted for certain activities.
Synonyms: duty, tax, levy
Usage: “the rate of excise duty on spirits”
7) Cherubic (Adjective) – देवदूत संबंधी
Meaning: having the innocence or plump prettiness of a young child.
Synonyms: angelic, sweet, cute
Antonyms: demonic, infernal, satanic
Usage: “a round, cherubic face”
8) Accentuated (Verb) – दबाव का चिह्न करना
Meaning: make more noticeable or prominent.
Synonyms: focus attention on, draw attention to, point up
Antonyms: mask, divert attention from
Usage:”his jacket unfortunately accentuated his paunch”
9) Imperative(Adjective) – महत्वपूर्ण
Meaning: of vital importance; crucial.
Synonyms:vitally important, of vital importance, all-important
Antonyms: unimportant, optional
Usage: “immediate action was imperative”
10) Crusader (Noun) – धर्म युद्ध करने वाला
Meaning: a person who campaigns vigorously for political, social, or religious change; a campaigner.
Synonyms: campaigner, fighter, battler
Antonyms: nonmilitant, conservative, moderate
Usage: “crusaders for early detection and treatment of mental illnesses”
- Computer Knowledge Quiz for all Competitive Exams: Day 3
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Jan Month– Day 22
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Jan Month– Day 21
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Jan Month– Day 20
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Jan Month– Day 19
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Jan Month– Day 18