1) Legacy (Noun) – विरासत या वसीयत
Meaning: an amount of money or property left to someone in a will.
Synonyms: bequest, inheritance, heritage
Antonyms: forfeit, hurt, loss
Usage: “my grandmother died and unexpectedly left me a small legacy”
2) Catapulted (Verb) – प्रक्षेपण करना
Meaning: hurl or launch (something) with or as if with a catapult.
Synonyms: propel, launch, hurl
Antonyms: catch, hold, collect
Usage: “the explosion catapulted the car 30 yards along the road”
3) Embroiled (Verb) – शामिल होना, उलझाना
Meaning: involve (someone) deeply in an argument, conflict, or difficult situation.
Synonyms: involve, entangle, ensnare
Antonyms: exonerated, free, freed
Usage: “the organization is currently embroiled in running battles with pressure groups”
4) Splinter (Noun) – किरच
Meaning: a small, thin, sharp piece of wood, glass, or similar material broken off from a larger piece.
Synonyms: sliver, shiver, chip
Antonyms: whole, entirety, lot
Usage: “a splinter of ice”
5) Assertion (Noun) – अभिकथन
Meaning: a confident and forceful statement of fact or belief.
Synonyms: declaration, contention, statement
Antonyms: disavowal, denial, desertion
Usage: “his assertion that his father had deserted the family”
6) Detrimental (Adjective) – हानिकारक
Meaning: tending to cause harm.
Synonyms: harmful, damaging, injurious
Antonyms: benign, beneficial
Usage: “recent policies have been detrimental to the interests of many old people”
7) Ethos (Noun) – लोकाचार
Meaning: the characteristic spirit of a culture, era, or community as manifested in its attitudes and aspirations.
Synonyms: spirit, character, atmosphere
Antonyms: being, reality
Usage: “a challenge to the ethos of the 1960s”
8) Ponder (Verb) – विचार करना
Meaning: think about (something) carefully, especially before making a decision or reaching a conclusion.
Synonyms: think about, give thought to, consider
Antonyms: agree, discard, disregard
Usage: “I pondered the question of what clothes to wear for the occasion”
9) Dereliction (Noun) – परित्यक्ति
Meaning: the state of having been abandoned and become dilapidated.
Synonyms: dilapidation, disrepair, decrepitude
Antonyms: reclamation, recoupment, recovery
Usage: “a 15th-century farmhouse has been saved from dereliction”
10) Detained (Verb) – रोकना
Meaning: keep (someone) from proceeding by holding them back or making claims on their attention.
Synonyms: delay, hold up, make late
Antonyms: free, independent, uninterested
Usage: “she made to open the door, but he detained her”
- Daily Current Affairs in English 11 Sep 2022 – Useful for all Competitive Exams
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 10
- 11 Sep 2022 Daily Current Affairs in Hindi – सभी प्रतियोगी परीक्षाओं के लिए महत्वपूर्ण
- 10 Sep 2022 Daily Current Affairs in Hindi – सभी प्रतियोगी परीक्षाओं के लिए महत्वपूर्ण
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 9
- Daily Current Affairs in English 10 Sep 2022 – Useful for all Competitive Exams