1) Hover (Verb) – मंडराना
Meaning: remain in one place in the air.
Synonyms: hang, float, levitate
Antonyms: settles, sinks, descends
Usage: “Army helicopters hovered overhead”
2) Tweak (Verb) – मोड़ना या खींचना
Meaning: twist or pull (something) sharply.
Synonyms: twist, tug, pinch
Antonyms:fix, freeze, set
Usage: “he tweaked the boy’s ear”
3) Surveillance (Noun) – निगरानी
Meaning: close observation, especially of a suspected spy or criminal.
Synonyms: observation, scrutiny, watch
Antonyms:carelessness, ignorance, indifference
Usage: “he found himself put under surveillance by British military intelligence”
4) Prompted (Verb) – प्रेरित करना
Meaning: cause or bring about (an action or feeling).
Synonyms: give rise to, bring about, cause
Antonyms: deter, restrain
Usage: “the violence prompted a wave of refugees to flee the country”
5) Vulnerable (Adjective) – भेद्य
Meaning: exposed to the possibility of being attacked or harmed, either physically or emotionally.
Synonyms: at risk, endangered, unsafe
Antonyms: invulnerable, resilient
Usage: “we were in a vulnerable position”
6) Clogged (Verb) – भरा हुआ
Meaning: block or become blocked with an accumulation of thick, wet matter.
Synonyms: block, obstruct, congest
Usage: “the gutters were clogged up with leaves”
7) Inferring (Verb) – निष्कर्ष करना या परिणाम निकालना
Meaning: deduce or conclude (something) from evidence and reasoning rather than from explicit statements.
Synonyms: deduce, reason, work out
Antonyms: disbelieving, doubting, discrediting
Usage: “from these facts we can infer that crime has been increasing”
8) Prudent (Adjective) – विवेकी
Meaning: acting with or showing care and thought for the future.
Synonyms: wise, well judged, judicious
Antonyms: unwise, imprudent, incautious
Usage:”no prudent money manager would authorize a loan without first knowing its purpose”
9)Stringent (Adjective) – कड़ी से कड़ी
Meaning: strict, precise, and exacting.
Synonyms:strict, firm, rigid
Antonyms: lenient, flexible
Usage: “stringent guidelines on air pollution”
10) Probe(Noun) – तहक़ीक़ात
Meaning: a thorough investigation into a crime or other matter.
Synonyms: investigation, inquiry, examination
Antonyms: answer, ignore, misunderstand
Usage: “a probe into city hall corruption”
- Daily Current Affairs in English 11 Sep 2022 – Useful for all Competitive Exams
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 10
- 11 Sep 2022 Daily Current Affairs in Hindi – सभी प्रतियोगी परीक्षाओं के लिए महत्वपूर्ण
- 10 Sep 2022 Daily Current Affairs in Hindi – सभी प्रतियोगी परीक्षाओं के लिए महत्वपूर्ण
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 9
- Daily Current Affairs in English 10 Sep 2022 – Useful for all Competitive Exams