1) Stringent (Adjective) – कड़ी से कड़ी
Meaning: strict, precise, and exacting.
Synonyms: strict, firm, rigid
Antonyms: lenient, flexible
Usage: “stringent guidelines on air pollution”
2) Exodus (Noun) – निष्क्रमण या वापसी
Meaning: a mass departure of people.
Synonyms: withdrawal, evacuation, leaving
Usage: “the annual exodus of sun-seeking Canadians to Florida”
3) Stare (Verb) – एकटक देखना
Meaning: look fixedly or vacantly at someone or something with one’s eyes wide open.
Synonyms: gaze, gape, goggle
Antonyms:ignore, neglect, look away
Usage: “he stared at her in amazement”
4) Dignified (Adjective) – गरिमामयी
Meaning: having or showing a composed or serious manner that is worthy of respect.
Synonyms: stately, noble, courtly
Usage: “she maintained a dignified silence”
5) Humane (Adjective) – मानवोचित
Meaning: having or showing compassion or benevolence.
Synonyms: compassionate, kind, kindly
Antonyms: cruel, inhumane
Usage: “regulations ensuring the humane treatment of animals”
6) Futile (Adjective) – व्यर्थ,निष्फल या निरर्थक
Meaning: incapable of producing any useful result; pointless.
Synonyms: fruitless, vain, pointless
Antonyms: useful, fruitful
Usage: “a futile attempt to keep fans from mounting the stage”
7) Abrupt (Adjective) – एकाएक या अचानक
Meaning: sudden and unexpected.
Synonyms: sudden, immediate, instantaneous
Antonyms: gradual, unhurried
Usage: “I was surprised by the abrupt change of subject”
8) Convulsed (Verb) – कंपकंपी होना, झटका लगना
Meaning: suffer violent involuntary contraction of the muscles, producing contortion of the body or limbs.
Synonyms: shudder, jerk
Antonyms: cried, wept, sobbed
Usage:”she convulsed, collapsing to the floor with the pain”
9)Chaotic (Adjective) – अराजक
Meaning: in a state of complete confusion and disorder.
Usage: “the political situation was chaotic”
10) Proximity (Noun) – निकटता
Meaning: nearness in space, time, or relationship.
Synonyms: closeness, nearness, presence
Antonyms: distance, remoteness, openness
Usage: “do not operate microphones in close proximity to television sets”
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: July Month– Day 23
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: July Month– Day 22
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: July Month– Day 21
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: July Month– Day 20
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: July Month– Day 19
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: July Month– Day 18
55 total views, 2 views today