1) Condemned (Verb) – की निंदा करना
Meaning: express complete disapproval of; censure.
Synonyms: censure, criticize, castigate
Antonyms: praise, commend
Usage: “most leaders roundly condemned the attack”
2) Promulgate (Verb) – प्रवर्तन करना
Meaning: promote or make widely known (an idea or cause).
Synonyms: publicize, spread, communicate
Antonyms: abrogate, collect, conceal
Usage: “these objectives have to be promulgated within the organization”
3) Stigma (Noun) – कलंक
Meaning: a mark of disgrace associated with a particular circumstance, quality, or person.
Synonyms: shame, disgrace, dishonour
Antonyms: honour, credit
Usage: “the stigma of having gone to prison will always be with me”
4) Compliance (Noun) – अनुपालन
Meaning: excessive acquiescence.
Synonyms: acquiescence, agreement, assent
Usage: “the appalling compliance with government views shown by the commission”
5) Bolster (Verb) – समर्थन या मजबूत करना
Meaning: support or strengthen.
Synonyms: strengthen, support, reinforce
Usage: “the fall in interest rates is starting to bolster confidence”
6) Quandary (Noun) – दुविधा, दुर्दशा
Meaning: a state of perplexity or uncertainty over what to do in a difficult situation.
Synonyms: dilemma, plight, predicament
Antonyms: advantage, boon, certainty
Usage: “Kate was in a quandary”
7) Expertise (Noun) – विशेषज्ञता
Meaning: expert skill or knowledge in a particular field.
Synonyms: skill, skilfulness, expertness
Usage: “technical expertise”
8) Souvenirs (Noun) – स्मारिका
Meaning: a thing that is kept as a reminder of a person, place, or event.
Synonyms: memento, keepsake, reminder
Usage: “the recording provides a souvenir of a great production”
9) Dissidents (Noun) – असंतुष्टों
Meaning: a person who opposes official policy, especially that of an authoritarian state.
Synonyms: dissenter, objector, protester
Usage: “a dissident who had been jailed by a military regime”
10) Excise (Noun) – उत्पाद शुल्क
Meaning: a tax levied on certain goods and commodities produced or sold within a country and on licences granted for certain activities.
Synonyms: duty, tax, levy, tariff
Usage: “the rate of excise duty on spirits”
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: July Month– Day 29
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: July Month– Day 28
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: July Month– Day 27
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: July Month– Day 26
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: July Month– Day 25
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: July Month– Day 24
80 total views, 2 views today