1) Subterfuge (Noun) – छल, साज़िश, कुटिलता
Meaning: deceit used in order to achieve one’s goal.
Synonyms: trickery, intrigue, deviousness
Antonyms: honesty, openness
Usage: “he had to use subterfuge and bluff on many occasions”
2) Culmination (Noun) – पराकाष्ठा
Meaning: the highest or climactic point of something, especially as attained after a long time.
Synonyms: climax, pinnacle, peak
Usage: “the deal marked the culmination of years of negotiation”
3) Glaring (Adjective) – चकाचौंध
Meaning: giving out or reflecting a strong or dazzling light.
Synonyms: dazzling, blinding, blazing
Usage: “the glaring sun”
4) Dislodging (Verb) – हटाना
Meaning: knock or force out of position.
Synonyms: remove, move, shift
Antonyms: ordering, planting, sowing
Usage: “the hoofs of their horses dislodged loose stones”
5) Erroneous (Adjective) – ग़लत
Meaning: wrong; incorrect.
Synonyms: wrong, incorrect, mistaken
Antonyms: right, correct
Usage: “employers sometimes make erroneous assumptions”
6) Incumbent (Adjective) – अवलंबी
Meaning: necessary for (someone) as a duty or responsibility.
Synonyms: binding, obligatory, mandatory
Usage: “the government realized that it was incumbent on them to act”
7) Detriment (Noun) – नुकसान, क्षति
Meaning: a cause of harm or damage.
Synonyms: harm, damage, injury
Antonyms: benefit, good
Usage: “such tests are a detriment to good education”
8) Beleaguered (Noun) – घेराबंदी
Meaning: lay siege to.
Synonyms: besieged, under siege, blockaded
Antonyms: carefree, unbeleaguered, relaxed
Usage:”he led a relief force to the aid of the beleaguered city”
9)Remuneration (Noun) – पारिश्रमिक
Meaning: money paid for work or a service.
Synonyms:payment, pay, salary
Antonyms: evasion, defaulting, failure
Usage: “they work in excess of their contracted hours for no additional remuneration”
10) Sweep (Verb) – झाड़ू लगाना
Meaning: clean (an area) by brushing away dirt or litter.
Synonyms: brush, clean, scrub
Antonyms: limitation, extreme, height
Usage: “I’ve swept the floor”
- Daily Current Affairs in English 11 Sep 2022 – Useful for all Competitive Exams
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 10
- 11 Sep 2022 Daily Current Affairs in Hindi – सभी प्रतियोगी परीक्षाओं के लिए महत्वपूर्ण
- 10 Sep 2022 Daily Current Affairs in Hindi – सभी प्रतियोगी परीक्षाओं के लिए महत्वपूर्ण
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 9
- Daily Current Affairs in English 10 Sep 2022 – Useful for all Competitive Exams