International Day for People of African Descent observed on 31st August
- The International Day for People of African Descent is celebrated on 31 August globally. The day was first celebrated in 2021, halfway through the International Decade for People of African Descent (2015-2024), which calls for concrete actions on the part of states and other members of the international community to promote recognition, justice, and development.
- The United Nations aims to promote the extraordinary contributions of the African diaspora around the world and to eliminate all forms of discrimination against people of African descent.
International Whale Shark Day 2022: 30th August
- International Whale Shark Day 2022: International Whale Shark Day is observed on August 30, and to commemorate this occasion (International Whale Shark Day 2022), try to understand the purpose.
- International Whale Shark Day 2022 is to raise awareness of the value of whale sharks and the need for their conservation. People can learn about the magnificent species on this day and take action to protect them on International Whale Shark Day 2022.
CM Ashok Gehlot Kicks Off Rural Olympic Games in Rajasthan
- Rajasthan chief minister Ashok Gehlot has inaugurated a month-long Rajiv Gandhi Rural Olympic Games in Jodhpur.
- The village Olympics is expected to see the participation of 44,000 villages across Rajasthan, with nearly 30 lakh people across various age groups already registering themselves for the games. Out of the 30 lakh participants, 9 lakh are women.
- Games like volleyball, hockey, tennis ball cricket, and kho kho will be part of the events.
- The rural Olympics organized in eleven thousand gram panchayats across the state is an outreach to the rural population, especially the rural youth.
- Talented sportspersons in these events and promote them further for participation in national and international sports events.
Telangana Tops Inflation Chart At 8.32%
- Telangana, together with West Bengal (8.06%) and Sikkim (8.01%), the report charges nicely above the nation’s 6.8%.
- India’s retail inflation has been a bugbear for the economic system because it surged previous 6% in January, however, there are huge disparities within the tempo of worth rise skilled by customers throughout the nation, with a dozen States clocking median inflation of lower than 6% and one other 12 States averaging over 7% by way of 2022 thus far.
- Retail costs in States like Kerala (4.8%), Tamil Nadu (5.01%), Punjab (5.35%), Delhi (5.56%), and Karnataka (5.84%) have been rising at lower than 6%.
- In a number of the different main States, the place inflation has stayed sharply elevated embody Maharashtra and Haryana (7.7%), Madhya Pradesh (7.52%), Assam (7.37%), Uttar Pradesh (7.27%), Gujarat and J&Ok (7.2%), in addition to Rajasthan (7.1%).
50th All Manipur Shumang Leela Festival 2021-2022 begins
- The 50th All Manipur Shumang Leela Festival 2021-2022 kicked off at Iboyaima Shumang Leela Shanglen at Palace Compound in Imphal. Manipur Governor La Ganesan and Chief Minister N. Biren Singh attended the inaugural function.
- Shumang Leela is a traditional form of theatre in Manipur and the roles of female artists are all played by male actors and male characters are played by female artists in the case of female theatre groups.
- Shumang Leela Groups of the early stage attempted to preserve and promote humanism, tolerance, confidence, devotion, truth, and justice through their performances.
Jhansi BJP MP Anurag Sharma Elected As World Body CPA Treasurer
- Member of Parliament from the Jhansi-Lalitpur parliamentary constituency, Anurag Sharma has been elected as the International Treasurer of the Parliamentary Association Conference (CPA) at the 65th Commonwealth Parliamentary Association Conference in Halifax, Canada.
- He will now be on the main Executive Council. The election of Sharma made him the second Indian office-bearer in the world’s largest and oldest International Parliamentary Association. His election also meant one more seat was added to India in the CPA, taking the total Indian tally to four executive representatives now.
IndiGo joins WEF’s “Clear Skies for Tomorrow” sustainability campaign
- Clear Skies for Tomorrow: IndiGo, the largest airline in the nation, announced that it has joined a sustainable effort led by the World Economic Forum (WEF).
- IndiGo airline has joined the Clear Skies for Tomorrow, India Coalition initiative as a signatory. IndiGo’s dedication to deploying sustainable initiatives would help to achieve a substantial scale for SAF (Sustainable Aviation Fuel) to attain a critical mass and bring in cost-efficiency for wide adoption in India.
Ranks and Reports
Bloomberg Billionaires Index: Gautam Adani becomes the world’s third-richest person
- India’s Gautam Adani is now the third richest person in the world. The rankings by Bloomberg Billionaires Index come as business conglomerate Adani Group’s chairman overtakes Louis Vuitton chairman Bernard Arnault.
- With a total net worth of USD 137.4 billion, 60-year-old Adani is now just behind business magnate Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos in the ranking. This is the first time an Asian person has broken into the top three of the Bloomberg Billionaires Index.
- In the latest Bloomberg Billionaires Index, Reliance chief Mukesh Ambani is at number 11 with a total of USD 91.9 billion worth.
- The net worth of Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos is currently at USD 251 billion and USD 153 billion, respectively.
New Naval ensign to be unveiled by PM Modi, INS Vikrant to be launched
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will reveal a new ensign of the Indian Navy (New Naval ensign), at the aircraft carrier INS Vikrant Commissioning celebration on September 2. He will formally inaugurate the nation’s first aircraft carrier, INS Vikrant.
- The Indian Navy will receive a New Naval ensign on September 2 without the Saint George’s cross that has been on its flag since the British placed it during the pre-independence era. The cross sign was removed from the flag between 2001 and 2004 while Atal Bihari Vajpayee was in office, but it was reinstated once the UPA led by Manmohan Singh took back power.
SAREX-2022: 10th National Maritime Search and Rescue Exercise-22 conducted in Chennai
- The 10th National Maritime Search and Rescue Exercise SAREX-22 was carried out by the Indian Coast Guard (ICG) in Chennai. Along with other organizations and foreign participants, the chief of the Indian Coast Guard, VS Pathania, assessed the exercise “SAREX-2022.”
- In an emergency, ICG Dornier aircraft demonstrated to viewers how to rescue passengers from ships and airplanes.
- ICG Dornier aircraft showed viewers how to rescue people from ships and airplanes in an emergency.
- Ajay Kumar, the Defence Secretary of the Government of India, officially launched the 10th iteration of the National Maritime Search and Rescue Exercise (SAREX-22).
- The Indian Coast Guard, the key maritime SAR coordinating agency for the Indian Search & Rescue Region (ISRR), is hosting the two-day SAREX-2022 exercise that is carried out under the auspices of the National Maritime Search and Rescue Board (NMSARB).
67th Filmfare Awards 2022: Check the complete list of winners
- The 67th Filmfare Awards ceremony, presented by The Times Group, honored the best Indian Hindi-language films of 2021. Held at Jio World Centre, the 67th Filmfare Awards honor the films released in 2021.
- At a press conference helmed by the editor of Filmfare magazine, Jitesh Pillai revealed Wolf777news as the title sponsor. Bollywood actors Ranveer Singh and Arjun Kapoor were announced as co-hosts.
Books and Authors
The autobiography titled “The Hero of Tiger Hill” authored by Subedar Major Yadav
- The autobiography “The Hero of Tiger Hill: Autobiography of a Param Vir”, is about the inspiring story of Subedar Major (Honorary Captain) Yogendra Singh Yadav (Retd), the Youngest Param Vir Chakra (PVC) awardee, at the age of 19 for his actions in the 1999 Kargil conflict. This autobiography is published by Srishti Publishers & Distributors.
- Subedar Major Yadav’s idea in writing about him began when he was invited to the top colleges in India, he noticed that his simple but honest answers made a lot of impact on young students. His motive in writing the autobiography is to motivate youngsters of India and infuse a sense of patriotism.
A book titled “Indian Banking in Retrospect – 75 years of Independence” by Dr. Ashutosh Raravikar
- Director of the Department of Economic & Policy Research(DEPR), Reserve Bank of India (RBI), Dr Ashutosh Raravikar has authored a new book titled “Indian Banking in Retrospect – 75 years of Independence”.
- The book is published by Aswad Prakashan Private Limited. Bibek Debroy, Chairman of the Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister of India has written the foreword of the book.
- The book highlights various economic development such as LPG (Liberalisation Privatisation and Globalisation) reforms during 1991, the Nationalisation of Banks in 1969 for the first time, the licensing of new private sector banks post 1991, setting up of Payment banks, Small Finance Bank (SFB) and consolidation of Public Sector Banks (PSBs), etc.
AFI and HSBC India collaborate to support future female athletes
- The Athletics Federation of India (AFI) announced its collaboration with HSBC India in order to support Indian women athletes, particularly the young ones. Under the terms of the cooperation, talented girls will be chosen from the Under-14 and Under-16 National Inter District Championships and trained to compete on a worldwide scale.
- Athletics Federation of India (AFI) President Adille Sumariwalla promised that “special coaching camps would be set up for the selected athletes and all their needs would be taken care of.”
- Hitendra Dave, general manager and CEO of HSBC India, said: “We are eager to encourage our female athletes. By providing them with access to training and tools of a high international standard, we hope to support their efforts.”
- Daily Current Affairs in English 11 Sep 2022 – Useful for all Competitive Exams
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 10
- 11 Sep 2022 Daily Current Affairs in Hindi – सभी प्रतियोगी परीक्षाओं के लिए महत्वपूर्ण
- 10 Sep 2022 Daily Current Affairs in Hindi – सभी प्रतियोगी परीक्षाओं के लिए महत्वपूर्ण
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 9
- Daily Current Affairs in English 10 Sep 2022 – Useful for all Competitive Exams