9th January 1915 is the date when the greatest Indian leader Mahatma Gandhi returns from South Africa to Ahmedabad, till there 9th Jan is also known as Pravasi Bharatiya Divas. The Republic of India celebrates this day to show the respect for the Indian community who are living out from India but still helping towards the development of India.
National Current Affairs Headlines
- Prakash Javadekar Minister of Broadcasting and Information said in a cabinet meeting that they should widely use the Ayurveda from national to international demand and for the same cabinet approves to gives the status of Institution of National Importance to a cluster of Ayurvedic institutions at Gujarat Ayurved University.
- Wetland Conservation Rules is introduced by the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change. The main focus behind to introduced this new rule is to stop companies from expanded or through the industrial area as well as waste within the wetlands. The govt also said that they will prepare a list within three months for the wetlands area for all the states and applies these rules as soon as possible.
- Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) is going to start two more trains for tourist. A Bharat Darshan Special tourist trains from Tamil Nadu and the train names are –
- Mahashivratri Nava Jyotirlinga Special Express which is going to start on 19th Feb 2020 and second trains is Ramayana Yatra Special Express which will start on 5th March 2020.
- The second funding for gas pipeline project is approved by Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, CCEA which is Rs.5,559 Crore. This funding is also called as VGP Viability Gap Funding. The fund provided to Indra Dhanush Gas Grid Limited to build Natural Gas Pipeline Grid covering 8 North-Eastern states.
- Manmad and Bhusawal stations which are situated in Bengaluru is known to have Facial recognition technology to identify the nab criminals. Also, Railway board has now approved to installing the IP based video surveillance system in approx 983 stations of India under Nirbhaya funds. Railways stations are the main source and the biggest source of transportation in India and now Railway board approved to install the VSS as earliest as possible.
- Andra Pradesh govt is now focusing to provide the education for approx every house in the states and for the same, the Chief Minister of Andra Pradesh YS Jagan Mohan Reddy launched the new scheme called as ‘Jagananna Amma Vodi’. This aims behind to launch this scheme to provide Rs.15,000 to 43 lakh mothers or guardians to send their children to school. According to the government they have seen an increment in student enrolment surged by approx 30% in the academic year. This scheme is launched for below the poverty families.
- As we all know that India’s one of the most loved festival season is near Makasankranti a festival of kites. So the Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani has launched 31st International Kite Festival.
- To promote children’s innovation in the state this time Mr Vijay Rupani the Chief Minister of Gujarat has announced to set up the Vikram Sarabhai Children Innovation Center (VSCIC).
International Current Affairs Headlines
- Carrying 176 passengers a Ukraine International Airlines aircraft crashes. According to the report, there are now survivors found alive.
- Pedro Sanchez a Spanish Socialist Party (PSOE) leader becomes prime minister of Spain.
- In Croatia’s presidential election Zoran Milanovic won. Zoran was Croatia’s center-leftist former Prime Minister.
- There is a piece of good news for Japanese citizen as Japan comes at first positions in Henley Passport Index. Now Japanese citizens can enter without prior visa approval in 191 countries. While Afganistan comes at the last place.
Economy Current Affairs Headlines
For improving the home buyers guarantee SBI comes up with a new scheme ‘residential builder finance with buyer guarantee’ (RBBG). The main focus of launched this scheme to provide more confidence to the home buyers.
Owned by One97 Communications Paytm launched all-in-one QR code for merchants which now allow all the user to pay through any UPI based app.
Sports Current Affairs Headlines
- 7th National Ice Hockey Championship Women trophy which was organised in Leh won by Ladakh.
- 4 Year Ban for Weightlifter Sarbjeet Kaur by National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA)
- With 928 Points Indian Cricket Team captain Virat Kholi stays on the top in ICC Test rankings followed by the Australian play Steve Smith who as 911 points. Cheteshwar Pujara and Ajinkya Rahane slipped in the latest ICC Test rankings and they are now at 6th and 9th place respectively.