1) Paramount (Adjective) – आला दर्जे का
Meaning: more important than anything else; supreme.
Synonyms: supreme, chief, overriding
Antonyms: least, last, inferior
Usage: “the interests of the child are of paramount importance”
2) Repudiated (Verb) – अस्वीकार करना
Meaning: refuse to accept; reject.
Synonyms: reject, renounce, abandon
Usage: “she has repudiated policies associated with previous party leaders”
3) Presumption (Noun) – उपधारणा
Meaning: behaviour perceived as arrogant, disrespectful, and transgressing the limits of what is permitted or appropriate.
Synonyms: brazenness, audacity, boldness
Antonyms:certainty, fact, humility
Usage: “he lifted her off the ground, and she was enraged at his presumption”
4) Laudatory (Adjective) – प्रशंसा, बधाई
Meaning: expressing praise and commendation.
Synonyms: complimentary, congratulatory, praising
Antonyms: disparaging, damning
Usage: “enthusiastic and laudatory articles”
5) Buttress (Verb)– मजबूत या सुदृढ़ करना
Meaning: increase the strength of or justification for; reinforce.
Synonyms: strengthen, reinforce, fortify
Antonyms: weaken, let down, undermine
Usage: “authority was buttressed by religious belief”
6) Adherent (Noun) – अनुयायी, समर्थक
Meaning: someone who supports a particular party, person, or set of ideas.
Synonyms: follower, supporter, upholder
Usage: “he was a strong adherent of monetarism”
7) Incitement (Noun) – उत्तेजना
Meaning: the action of provoking unlawful behaviour or urging someone to behave unlawfully.
Synonyms: urging, goading, spurring on
Antonyms: suppression, discouragement
Usage: “this amounted to an incitement to commit murder”
8) Dispensation (Noun) – छूट, प्रतिरक्षा
Meaning: exemption from a rule or usual requirement.
Synonyms: exemption, immunity, exception
Antonyms: responsibility, liability, obligation
Usage:”although she was too young, she was given special dispensation to play before her birthday”
9)Endorsement (Noun) – परांकन
Meaning: the action of endorsing someone or something.
Synonyms:support, backing, approval
Usage: “the issue of full independence received overwhelming endorsement”
10) Surpassed (Verb) – अधिक होना
Meaning: exceed; be greater than.
Synonyms: excel, be better than, be superior to
Antonyms: lost, succumbed, capitulated
Usage: “pre-war levels of production were surpassed in 1929”
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 22
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 21
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 20
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 19
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 18
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 17
20 total views, 1 views today