1) Mellowed (Verb) – मधुर बनाना
Meaning: make or become mellow.
Synonyms: relax, calm, settle
Antonyms: adolescent green immature
Usage: “even a warm sun could not mellow the North Sea breeze”
2) Contention (Noun) – असहमति, विवाद
Meaning: heated disagreement.
Synonyms: disagreement, dispute, disputation
Usage: “the captured territory was the main area of contention between the two countries”
3) Lame (Adjective) – कमजोर
Meaning: unconvincingly feeble.
Synonyms: feeble, weak, thin
Usage: “the TV licensing teams hear a lot of lame excuses”
4) Dispensation (Noun) – छूट, अपवाद
Meaning: exemption from a rule or usual requirement.
Synonyms: exemption, immunity, exception
Antonyms: responsibility, liability, obligation
Usage: “although she was too young, she was given special dispensation to play before her birthday”
5) Reiterated (Verb) – बार बार दुहराना
Meaning: say something again or a number of times, typically for emphasis or clarity.
Synonyms: repeat, say again, restate
Antonyms: took back, taken back
Usage: “she reiterated that the government would remain steadfast in its support”
6) Strident (Adjective) – कठोर
Meaning: loud and harsh; grating.
Synonyms: harsh, raucous, rough
Antonyms: soft, dulcet
Usage: “his voice had become increasingly strident”
7) Desist (Verb) – विरत करना
Meaning: stop doing something; cease or abstain.
Synonyms: abstain, refrain, forbear
Antonyms: continue, persist in
Usage: “each pledged to desist from acts of sabotage”
8) Moratorium (Noun) – अधिस्थगन
Meaning: a temporary prohibition of an activity.
Synonyms: embargo, ban, prohibition
Antonyms: prescription, aid, assistance
Usage:”a moratorium on the use of drift nets”
9) Consensus (Noun) – मतैक्य
Meaning: a general agreement.
Synonyms:agreement, harmony, concord
Antonyms: disagreement, minority view
Usage: “there is a growing consensus that the current regime has failed”
10) Menacing (Verb) – ख़तरा होना
Meaning: be a threat or possible danger to.
Synonyms: threaten, be a danger to, put at risk
Antonyms: friendly, auspicious
Usage: “Africa’s elephants are still menaced by poaching”
- Daily Current Affairs in English 11 Sep 2022 – Useful for all Competitive Exams
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 10
- 11 Sep 2022 Daily Current Affairs in Hindi – सभी प्रतियोगी परीक्षाओं के लिए महत्वपूर्ण
- 10 Sep 2022 Daily Current Affairs in Hindi – सभी प्रतियोगी परीक्षाओं के लिए महत्वपूर्ण
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 9
- Daily Current Affairs in English 10 Sep 2022 – Useful for all Competitive Exams