1) Assertive (Adjective) – मुखर
Meaning: having or showing a confident and forceful personality.
Synonyms: confident, forceful, self-confident
Usage: “the job may call for assertive behaviour”
2) Indigenous (Adjective) – देशज
Meaning: originating or occurring naturally in a particular place; native.
Synonyms: native, aboriginal, local
Antonyms: expatriate, migrant, adventitious
Usage: “the indigenous peoples of Siberia”
3) Aggravating (Verb) – बदतर या अधिक गंभीर बनाना
Meaning: make (a problem, injury, or offence) worse or more serious.
Synonyms: annoy, irritate, exasperate
Antonyms: calm, conciliate
Usage: “military action would only aggravate the situation”
4) Dormant (Adjective) – सुषुप्त
Meaning: having normal physical functions suspended or slowed down for a period of time; in or as if in a deep sleep.
Synonyms: asleep, sleeping, slumbering
Antonyms: awake, active
Usage: “dormant butterflies”
5) Exhumed (Verb) – कब्र से खोदकर निकालना
Meaning: dig out (something buried, especially a corpse) from the ground.
Synonyms: disinter, dig up, unearth
Usage: “the bodies were exhumed on the orders of a judge”
6) Vulnerable (Adjective) – भेद्य
Meaning: exposed to the possibility of being attacked or harmed, either physically or emotionally.
Synonyms: in danger, in peril, in jeopardy
Antonyms: well protected, invulnerable, resilient
Usage: “we were in a vulnerable position”
7) Blatant (Adjective) – खुलेआम और बेखौफ होकर करना
Meaning: done openly and unashamedly.
Synonyms: flagrant, glaring, obvious
Antonyms: inconspicuous, subtle
Usage: “blatant lies”
8) Turmoil (Noun) – उथल-पुथल
Meaning: a state of great disturbance, confusion, or uncertainty.
Synonyms: confusion, upheaval(s), turbulence
Antonyms: calm, peace
Usage: “the country was in turmoil”
9) Implying (Verb) – दावा करना
Meaning: indicate the truth or existence of (something) by suggestion rather than explicit reference.
Synonyms: implicit, indirect, hinted
Antonyms: explicit, direct
Usage: “salesmen who use jargon to imply superior knowledge”
10) Impelled (Verb) – मजबूर या विवश करना
Meaning: drive, force, or urge (someone) to do something.
Synonyms: force, compel, constrain
Antonyms: optional, voluntary
Usage: “financial difficulties impelled him to desperate measures”
- Daily Current Affairs in English 11 Sep 2022 – Useful for all Competitive Exams
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 10
- 11 Sep 2022 Daily Current Affairs in Hindi – सभी प्रतियोगी परीक्षाओं के लिए महत्वपूर्ण
- 10 Sep 2022 Daily Current Affairs in Hindi – सभी प्रतियोगी परीक्षाओं के लिए महत्वपूर्ण
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 9
- Daily Current Affairs in English 10 Sep 2022 – Useful for all Competitive Exams