1) Dubious (Adjective) – संदिग्ध
Meaning: hesitating or doubting.
Synonyms: doubtful, uncertain, unsure
Antonyms: certain, definite
Usage: “I was rather dubious about the whole idea”
2) Impasse (Noun) – गतिरोध
Meaning: a situation in which no progress is possible, especially because of disagreement; a deadlock.
Synonyms: deadlock, dead end, stalemate
Antonyms: agreement, boon, breakthrough
Usage: “the current political impasse”
3) Resentment (Noun) – कड़वाहट या आक्रोश
Meaning: bitter indignation at having been treated unfairly.
Synonyms: bitterness, indignation, irritation
Antonyms: contentment, happiness
Usage: “his resentment at being demoted”
4) Devious (Adjective) – कपटी
Meaning: showing a skilful use of underhand tactics to achieve goals.
Synonyms: underhand, underhanded, deceitful
Antonyms: above board
Usage: “he’s as devious as a politician needs to be”
5) Legitimised (Verb) – वैध करना
Meaning: make legitimate.
Synonyms: validate, legitimate, permit
Usage: “voters legitimize the government through the election of public officials”
6) Doping (Verb) – मदहोश करना
Meaning: administer drugs to (a racehorse, greyhound, or athlete) in order to inhibit or enhance sporting performance.
Synonyms: drug, tamper with, interfere with
Antonyms: cleaning, purifying
Usage: “the horse was doped before the race”
7) Arbitration (Noun) – विवाचन
Meaning: the use of an arbitrator to settle a dispute.
Synonyms: adjudication, mediation, mediatorship
Antonyms: disagreement, indecision, beginning
Usage: “Tayside Regional Council called for arbitration to settle the dispute
8) Tainted (Verb) – दूषित करना
Meaning: contaminate or pollute (something).
Synonyms: contaminate, pollute, adulterate
Usage: “the air was tainted by fumes from the cars”
9) Crusaders (Noun) – लड़ाकू
Meaning: a fighter in the medieval Crusades.
Synonyms: campaigner, fighter, battler
Usage: “crusaders for early detection and treatment of mental illnesses”
10) Autocratic (Adjective) – निरंकुश
Meaning: taking no account of other people’s wishes or opinions; domineering.
Synonyms: despotic, tyrannical, oppressive
Antonyms: democratic, liberal
Usage: “a man with a reputation for an autocratic management style”
- Computer Knowledge Quiz for all Competitive Exams: Day 3
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Jan Month– Day 22
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Jan Month– Day 21
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Jan Month– Day 20
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Jan Month– Day 19
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Jan Month– Day 18