1) Indigenous (Adjective) – देशज
Meaning: originating or occurring naturally in a particular place; native.
Synonyms: native, aboriginal, local
Antonyms: expatriate, migrant, adventitious
Usage: “the indigenous peoples of Siberia”
2) Persecution (Noun) – उत्पीड़न
Meaning: hostility and ill-treatment, especially because of race or political or religious beliefs; oppression.
Synonyms: oppression, victimization, maltreatment
Antonyms:comfort, help, refuge
Usage: “her family fled religious persecution”
3) Legitimate (Adjective) – कानूनी
Meaning: conforming to the law or to rules.
Synonyms: legal, lawful, licit
Usage: “his claims to legitimate authority”
4) Combative (Adjective) – जुझारू
Meaning: ready or eager to fight or argue.
Synonyms: pugnacious, aggressive, antagonistic
Usage: “he made some enemies with his combative style”
5) Disparage (Verb) – उपेक्षा करना
Meaning: regard or represent as being of little worth.
Synonyms: belittle, denigrate, deprecate
Antonyms: praise, overrate, complimentary
Usage: “he never missed an opportunity to disparage his competitors”
6) Accentuates (Verb) – अधिक ध्यान देने योग्य या प्रमुख बनाना
Meaning: make more noticeable or prominent.
Synonyms: focus attention on, bring/call/draw attention to, point up
Antonyms: mask, divert attention from
Usage: “his jacket unfortunately accentuated his paunch”
7) Grievance (Noun) – शिकायत
Meaning: a real or imagined cause for complaint, especially unfair treatment.
Synonyms: injustice, unjust act, wrong
Antonyms: commendation, advantage, aid
Usage: “a website which enabled staff to air their grievances”
8) Suspicion (Noun) – संदेह
Meaning: a feeling or thought that something is possible, likely, or true.
Synonyms: intuition, feeling, impression
Usage:”she had a sneaking suspicion that he was laughing at her”
9)Forge (Verb) – जाली नक़ल करना
Meaning: create (something) strong, enduring, or successful.
Synonyms:build, build up, construct
Antonyms: remain, stand, stay
Usage: “the two women forged a close bond”
10) Marred (Verb) – बिगाड़ना
Meaning: impair the quality or appearance of; spoil.
Synonyms: spoil, ruin, impair
Antonyms: improve, enhance
Usage: “violence marred a number of New Year celebrations”
- 17th June 2021 Current Affairs in English
- 16th June 2021 Current Affairs in English
- 14th and 15th June 2021 Current Affairs in English
- 13th June 2021 Current Affairs in English
- 18th and 19th June 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- 16th & 17th June 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
48 total views, 1 views today