1) Prompting (Noun) – उत्साह या याद दिलाने की क्रिया
Meaning: the action of saying something to persuade, encourage, or remind someone to do or say something.
Synonyms: encouragement, reminder(s), reminding
Antonyms: tug, pull, yank
Usage: “after some prompting, the defendant gave the police his name”
2) Consensus (Noun) – मतैक्य
Meaning: a general agreement.
Synonyms: agreement, harmony, concord
Antonyms:disagreement, minority view
Usage: “there is a growing consensus that the current regime has failed”
3) Accord (Verb) – स्वीकार करना
Meaning: give or grant someone (power, status, or recognition).
Synonyms: give, grant, tender
Usage: “the powers accorded to the head of state”
4) Refrained (Verb) – कुछ करने से रोकें
Meaning: stop oneself from doing something.
Synonyms: abstain, desist, hold back
Antonyms: aided, allowed, assisted
Usage: “she refrained from comment”
5) Unprecedented (Adjective) – अनुपम, अप्रतिम, बेमिसाल
Meaning: never done or known before.
Synonyms: unparalleled, unequalled, unmatched
Antonyms: normal, common
Usage: “the government took the unprecedented step of releasing confidential correspondence”
6) Envoys (Noun) – दूत
Meaning: a messenger or representative, especially one on a diplomatic mission.
Synonyms: representative, delegate, deputy
Usage: “the UN special envoy to Yugoslavia”
7) Culminated (Verb) – समापन होना
Meaning: reach a climax or point of highest development.
Synonyms: come to a climax, come to a crescendo, come to a head
Antonyms: start, begin, peter out
Usage: “weeks of violence culminated in the brutal murder of a magistrate”
8) Warp (Verb) – बकसुआ, मरोड़ना
Meaning: make or become bent or twisted out of shape, typically as a result of the effects of heat or damp.
Synonyms: buckle, twist, bend
Antonyms: straighten, keep shape
Usage:”moisture had warped the box”
9)Incursion (Noun) – आक्रमण
Meaning: an invasion or attack, especially a sudden or brief one.
Synonyms:attack on, assault on, raid on
Usage: “incursions into enemy territory”
10) Coveted (Noun) – इच्छा
Meaning: yearn to possess (something, especially something belonging to another).
Synonyms: desire, be consumed with desire for, crave
Usage: “I covet one of their smart bags”
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 18
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 17
- 18 April 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 16
- Current Affairs in English – 18 April 2021
- 16th and 17th April 2021 Current Affairs in English
15 total views, 2 views today