1) Accord (Verb) – किसी को शक्ति, स्थिति या मान्यता देना
Meaning: give or grant someone (power, status, or recognition).
Synonyms: give, grant, tender
Antonyms: withhold, remove
Usage: “the powers accorded to the head of state”
2) Ferment (Noun) – विक्षोभ
Meaning: agitation and excitement among a group of people, typically concerning major change and leading to trouble or violence.
Synonyms: fever, furore, frenzy
Antonyms: peacefulness, quiet, tranquillity
Usage: “a period of political and religious ferment”
3) Factions (Noun) – गुटों
Meaning: a small organized dissenting group within a larger one, especially in politics.
Synonyms: clique, coterie, caucus
Antonyms: agreement, conformity, entirety
Usage: “the left-wing faction of the party”
4) Confined (Adjective) – परिरुद्ध
Meaning: restricted in area or volume; cramped.
Synonyms: cramped, constricted, restricted
Antonyms: open, roomy
Usage: “her fear of confined spaces”
5) Heinous (Adjective) – जघन्य
Meaning: utterly odious or wicked.
Synonyms: odious, wicked, evil, atrocious
Usage: “a battery of heinous crimes”
6) Moot (Adjective) – विवादास्पद
Meaning: subject to debate, dispute, or uncertainty.
Synonyms: debatable, open to debate, open to discussion
Antonyms: accomplished, certain, hands-down
Usage: “whether the temperature rise was mainly due to the greenhouse effect was a moot point”
7) Bonhomie (Noun) – खुशमिज़ाजी
Meaning: cheerful friendliness; geniality.
Synonyms: geniality, congeniality, conviviality
Usage: “he exuded good humour and bonhomie”
8) Inception (Noun) – आरंभ
Meaning: the establishment or starting point of an institution or activity.
Synonyms: establishment, institution, foundation
Usage: “she has been on the board since its inception two years ago”
9) Fray (Verb) – तनाव के प्रभाव दिखाना
Meaning: show the effects of strain.
Synonyms: strain, tax, overtax
Antonyms: peace, accord, armistice
Usage: “as the temperature rose, tempers frayed”
10) Munificence (Noun) – दरियादिली
Meaning: the quality or action of being extremely generous.
Synonyms: generosity, bountifulness, open-handedness
Antonyms: meanness, niggardliness
Usage: “we must be thankful for his munificence”
- 17th June 2021 Current Affairs in English
- 16th June 2021 Current Affairs in English
- 14th and 15th June 2021 Current Affairs in English
- 13th June 2021 Current Affairs in English
- 18th and 19th June 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- 16th & 17th June 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
47 total views, 3 views today