1) Acquittal (Noun) – दोषमुक्ति
Meaning: a judgement or verdict that a person is not guilty of the crime with which they have been charged.
Synonyms: absolution, clearing, exoneration
Usage: “the trial resulted in an acquittal”
2) Acrimonious (Adjective) – उग्रता
Meaning: angry and bitter.
Synonyms: bitter, rancorous, caustic
Antonyms: unbitter, affable, amicable
Usage: “an acrimonious dispute about wages”
3) Obstructed (Verb) – अवरुद्ध
Meaning: block (an opening, path, road, etc.); be or get in the way of.
Synonyms: block, block up, clog
Usage: “she was obstructing the entrance”
4) Tirade (Noun) – निंदा-भाषण
Meaning: a long, angry speech of criticism or accusation.
Synonyms: diatribe, invective, polemic
Antonyms: calm, compliment, harmony
Usage: “a tirade of abuse”
5) Caucuses (Noun) – सभा
Meaning: a meeting at which local members of a political party register their preference among candidates running for office or select delegates to attend a convention.
Synonyms: meeting, assembly, gathering
Antonyms: agreement, conformity, entirety
Usage: “Hawaii holds its nominating caucuses next Tuesday”
6) Bellicose (Adjective) – आक्रामक
Meaning: demonstrating aggression and willingness to fight.
Synonyms: belligerent, aggressive, hostile
Usage: “a mood of bellicose jingoism”
7) Wrangling (Verb) – तकरार करना
Meaning: have a long, complicated dispute or argument.
Synonyms: argue, quarrel, row
Usage: “the bureaucrats continue wrangling over the fine print”
8) Detained (Verb) – देर करना
Meaning: keep (someone) from proceeding by holding them back or making claims on their attention.
Synonyms: delay, hold up, make late
Antonyms: at liberty
Usage: “she made to open the door, but he detained her”
9) Malevolent (Adjective) – द्रोही
Meaning: having or showing a wish to do evil to others.
Synonyms: malicious, spiteful, hostile
Usage: “the glint of dark, malevolent eyes”
10) Deployed (Verb) – तैनात करना
Meaning: move (troops or equipment) into position for military action.
Synonyms: position, station, post
Usage: “forces were deployed at strategic locations”
- 22nd April 2021 Current Affairs in English
- 22nd April 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 22
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 21
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 20
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 19
20 total views, 1 views today