1) Propriety (Noun) – सज्जा, सम्मान, शालीनता
Meaning: conformity to conventionally accepted standards of behaviour or morals.
Synonyms: decorum, respectability, decency
Antonyms: impropriety, indecorum
Usage: “he always behaved with the utmost propriety”
2) Egregious (Adjective) – चौंका देने वाला
Meaning: outstandingly bad; shocking.
Synonyms: shocking, appalling, horrific
Usage: “egregious abuses of copyright”
3) Unsolicited (Adjective) – अनचाही
Meaning: not asked for; given or done voluntarily.
Synonyms: uninvited, unsought, unasked for
Antonyms: requested, invited
Usage: “unsolicited junk mail”
4) Deployed (Verb) – तैनात करना
Meaning: move (troops or equipment) into position for military action.
Synonyms: position, station, post
Usage: “forces were deployed at strategic locations”
5) Deplorable (Adjective) – अपमानजनक
Meaning: deserving strong condemnation; completely unacceptable.
Synonyms: disgraceful, shameful, dishonourable
Usage: “children living in deplorable conditions”
6) Inherent (Adjective) – निहित
Meaning: existing in something as a permanent, essential, or characteristic attribute.
Synonyms: intrinsic, innate, immanent
Antonyms: acquired, alien
Usage: “any form of mountaineering has its inherent dangers”
7) Credible (Adjective) – प्रत्ययनीय
Meaning: able to be believed; convincing.
Synonyms: acceptable, trustworthy, reliable
Usage: “few people found his story credible”
8) Carnages (Noun) – नरसंहार
Meaning: the killing of a large number of people.
Synonyms: slaughter, massacre, mass murder
Antonyms: peace, agreement, accord
Usage: “the bombing was timed to cause as much carnage as possible”
9) Pogrom (Noun) – नरसंहार
Meaning: an organized massacre of a particular ethnic group, in particular that of Jews in Russia or eastern Europe.
Synonyms: massacre, slaughter, wholesale slaughter
Antonyms: assistance, comfort, help
Usage: “the Nazis began a pogrom against Jewish people in Germany”
10) Culpable (Adjective) – दंडनीय
Meaning: deserving blame.
Synonyms: to blame, guilty, at fault
Antonyms: blameless, innocent
Usage: “mercy killings are less culpable than ‘ordinary’ murders”
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 18
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 17
- 18 April 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 16
- Current Affairs in English – 18 April 2021
- 16th and 17th April 2021 Current Affairs in English
13 total views, 1 views today