1) Oblige (Verb) – उपकृत करना
Meaning: make (someone) legally or morally bound to do something.
Synonyms: require, compel, bind
Antonyms: delay, free, release
Usage: “doctors are obliged by law to keep patients alive while there is a chance of recovery”
2) Persecuted (Verb) – सताना या ज़ुल्म करना
Meaning: subject (someone) to hostility and ill-treatment, especially because of their race or political or religious beliefs.
Synonyms: oppress, abuse, victimize
Usage: “his followers were persecuted by the authorities”
3) Confinement (Noun) – परिरोध
Meaning: the action of confining or state of being confined.
Synonyms: imprisonment, internment, incarceration
Usage: “he was immediately released from his confinement”
4) Clamour (Noun) – कोलाहल
Meaning: a loud and confused noise, especially that of people shouting.
Synonyms: din, racket, loud noise
Usage: “the questions rose to a clamour”
5) Persuasions (Noun) – अनुनय
Meaning: a belief or set of beliefs, especially religious or political ones.
Synonyms: belief, opinion, conviction
Antonyms: disinterest, fairnesses
Usage: “writers of all political persuasions”
6) Reinstatement (Noun) – बहाली
Meaning: the action of giving someone back a position they have lost.
Synonyms: restoration, return to a former position, return to power
Antonyms: removal, robbery, stealing
Usage: “the student body gave its support to the two expelled students and demanded their reinstatement”
7) Prejudicial (Adjective) – हानिकारक
Meaning: harmful to someone or something; detrimental.
Synonyms: detrimental, damaging, injurious
Antonyms: beneficial, advantageous
Usage: “the proposals were considered prejudicial to the city centre”
8) Contention (Noun) – विवाद , असहमति
Meaning: heated disagreement.
Synonyms: disagreement, dispute, disputation
Usage: “the captured territory was the main area of contention between the two countries”
9) Conglomerate (Noun) – संगुटिका
Meaning: a thing consisting of a number of different and distinct parts or items that are grouped together.
Synonyms: mixture, mix, combination
Antonyms: individual, like, same
Usage: “the Earth is a specialized conglomerate of organisms”
10) Disparaging (Noun) – उपेक्षा
Meaning: regard or represent as being of little worth.
Synonyms: belittle, denigrate, deprecate
Antonyms: praise, overrate, complimentary
Usage: “he never missed an opportunity to disparage his competitors”
- Computer Knowledge Quiz for all Competitive Exams: Day 3
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Jan Month– Day 22
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Jan Month– Day 21
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Jan Month– Day 20
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Jan Month– Day 19
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Jan Month– Day 18