1) Strewn (Verb) – बिखेरना या फैलाना
Meaning: scatter or spread (things) untidily over a surface or area.
Synonyms: scatter, spread, disperse
Usage: “a small room with newspapers strewn all over the floor”
2) Aggravated (Verb) – कष्टप्रद या अतिरंजित करना
Meaning: annoy or exasperate.
Synonyms: annoy, irritate, exasperate
Usage: “military action would only aggravate the situation”
3) Infirm (Adjective) – कमजोर
Meaning: not physically or mentally strong, especially through age or illness.
Synonyms: frail, weak, feeble
Usage: “those who were old or infirm”
4) Indelible (Adjective) – अमिट
Meaning: making marks that cannot be removed.
Synonyms: ineradicable, inerasable, ineffaceable
Usage: “an indelible marker pen”
5) Tenuous (Adjective) – बहुत कमजोर या मामूली
Meaning: very weak or slight.
Synonyms: slight, insubstantial, flimsy
Antonyms: convincing, substantial, strong
Usage: “the tenuous link between interest rates and investment”
6) Slumber (Verb) – नींद
Synonyms: sleep, be asleep, doze
Antonyms: wake up
Usage: “Sleeping Beauty slumbered in her forest castle”
7) Onerous (Adjective) – कष्टदायक
Meaning: involving a great deal of effort, trouble, or difficulty.
Synonyms: burdensome, heavy, inconvenient
Antonyms: easy, effortless
Usage: “he found his duties increasingly onerous”
8) Desperate (Adjective) – बेकरार
Meaning: feeling or showing a hopeless sense that a situation is so bad as to be impossible to deal with.
Synonyms: despairing, hopeless, anguished
Antonyms: cheerful, composed
Usage:”a desperate sadness enveloped Ruth”
9)Mitigate(Verb) – संकोच
Meaning: make (something bad) less severe, serious, or painful.
Synonyms:alleviate, reduce, diminish
Antonyms: aggravate, increase, intensify
Usage: “drainage schemes have helped to mitigate this problem”
10) Hesitation (Noun)
Meaning: the action of pausing before saying or doing something.
Synonyms: pausing, delay
Antonyms: resolution, certainty
Usage: “she answered without hesitation”
- CBSE 10th, 12th Result 2021 LIVE: Board Expected to Declare Class 12 Result Today, Class 10 Scores by Aug 1 at cbse.nic.in
- Indian Navy Group C Civilian Personnel Offline Form 2021
- 29th July 2021 Current Affairs in English
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: July Month– Day 29
- 29th July 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: July Month– Day 28
65 total views, 2 views today