1) Paramount (Adjective) – आला दर्जे का
Meaning: more important than anything else; supreme.
Synonyms: uppermost, supreme, chief
Antonyms: least, last, inferior
Usage: “the interests of the child are of paramount importance”
2) Flee (Verb) – भाग जाना
Meaning: run away from a place or situation of danger.
Synonyms: run, run away, run off
Antonyms: arrive, come, continue
Usage: “to escape the fighting, his family fled from their village”
3) Hazardous (Adjective) – जोखिम वाला या खतरनाक
Meaning: risky; dangerous.
Synonyms: unsafe, perilous, precarious
Antonyms: safe, secure, certain
Usage: “we work in hazardous conditions”
4) Overridden (Verb) – अस्वीकृत करना
Meaning: use one’s authority to reject or cancel (a decision, view, etc.).
Synonyms: disallow, overrule, countermand
Antonyms: allow, accept, listen to
Usage: “the courts will ultimately override any objections”
5) Probed (Verb) – थाह लेना
Meaning: physically explore or examine (something) with the hands or an instrument.
Synonyms: examine, feel, feel around
Antonyms: answered, replied, responded
Usage: “hands probed his body from top to bottom”
6) Inevitably (Adverb) – अनिवार्य रूप से
Meaning: as is certain to happen; unavoidably.
Synonyms: naturally, automatically
Antonyms: unnecessarily, evitably
Usage: “inevitably some details are already out of date”
7) Exempt (Adjective) – छूट देना
Meaning: free from an obligation or liability imposed on others.
Synonyms: free from, not liable to
Antonyms: liable to, subject to
Usage: “these patients are exempt from all charges”
8) Flattening (Verb) – समतल करना
Meaning: make or become flat or flatter.
Synonyms: crush, squash, compact
Antonyms: roughen, make uneven
Usage: “her hair had been flattened by the storm”
9) Stringent (Adjective) – कड़ी से कड़ी
Meaning: strict, precise, and exacting.
Synonyms: firm, rigid, rigorous
Antonyms: lenient, flexible
Usage: “stringent guidelines on air pollution”
10) Ousted (Verb) – बेदख़ल करना
Meaning: drive out or expel (someone) from a position or place.
Synonyms: drive out, expel, force out, throw out
Antonyms: accepted, allowed, appointed
Usage: “the reformists were ousted from power”
- 16th May 2021 Current Affairs in English
- 16th May 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- 14th and 15th May 2021 Current Affairs in English
- 14th and 15th May 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: May Month– Day 15
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: May Month– Day 14
25 total views, 1 views today