1) Skirmish (Noun) – झड़प
Meaning: an episode of irregular or unpremeditated fighting, especially between small or outlying parts of armies or fleets.
Synonyms: fight, battle, clash
Antonyms: accord, agreement, calm
Usage: “the unit was caught in several skirmishes and the commanding officer was killed”
2) Sober (Adjective) – गंभीर, समझदार
Meaning: serious, sensible, and solemn.
Synonyms: serious, sensible, solemn
Antonyms: light-hearted, frivolous, sensational
Usage: “a sober view of life”
3) Conflagration (Noun) – आग
Meaning: an extensive fire which destroys a great deal of land or property.
Synonyms: fire, blaze, flames
Antonyms: peace, harmony
Usage: “tinder-dry conditions sparked fears of a conflagration in many drought-devastated communities”
4) Assertion (Noun) – अभिकथन
Meaning: a confident and forceful statement of fact or belief.
Synonyms: declaration, contention, statement
Antonyms: disavowal, denial
Usage: “his assertion that his father had deserted the family”
5) Vulnerable (Adjective) – भेद्य
Meaning: exposed to the possibility of being attacked or harmed, either physically or emotionally.
Synonyms: at risk, endangered, unsafe
Antonyms: invulnerable, resilient
Usage: “we were in a vulnerable position”
6) Unrelenting (Adjective) – बेदर्द
Meaning: not giving way to kindness or compassion.
Synonyms: continual, constant, continuous
Antonyms: intermittent, spasmodic
Usage: “unrelenting opponents”
7) Lurch (Verb) – अचानक एक ओर को लड़खड़ाहट
Meaning: make an abrupt, unsteady, uncontrolled movement or series of movements; stagger.
Synonyms: stagger, stumble, sway
Usage: “the car lurched forward”
8) Abnegation (Noun) – त्याग, अस्वीकृति
Meaning: the action of renouncing or rejecting something.
Synonyms: renunciation, rejection, refusal
Usage: “abnegation of political power”
9) Unprecedented (Adjective) – अभूतपूर्व
Meaning: never done or known before.
Synonyms: unparalleled, unequalled, unmatched
Antonyms: normal, common
Usage: “the government took the unprecedented step of releasing confidential correspondence”
10) Abdication (Noun) – त्यागपत्र, सेवानिवृत्ति
Meaning: an act of abdicating or renouncing the throne.
Synonyms: resignation, retirement, relinquishment
Usage: “Edward VIII did not marry until after his abdication”
- Daily Current Affairs in English 11 Sep 2022 – Useful for all Competitive Exams
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 10
- 11 Sep 2022 Daily Current Affairs in Hindi – सभी प्रतियोगी परीक्षाओं के लिए महत्वपूर्ण
- 10 Sep 2022 Daily Current Affairs in Hindi – सभी प्रतियोगी परीक्षाओं के लिए महत्वपूर्ण
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 9
- Daily Current Affairs in English 10 Sep 2022 – Useful for all Competitive Exams