1) Lurks (Verb) – दुबकना
Meaning: be or remain hidden so as to wait in ambush for someone or something.
Synonyms: skulk, loiter, lie in wait
Usage: “a ruthless killer still lurked in the darkness”
2) Amplify (Verb) – बढ़ाना
Meaning: increase the volume of (sound), especially using an amplifier.
Synonyms: louden, make louder
Antonyms: reduce, quieten
Usage: “the accompanying chords have been amplified in our arrangement”
3) Arcane (Adjective) – रहस्यमय, गुप्त
Meaning: understood by few; mysterious or secret.
Synonyms: mysterious, secret, hidden
Antonyms: well known, open
Usage: “arcane procedures for electing people”
4) Noxious (Adjective) – हानिकारक
Meaning: harmful, poisonous, or very unpleasant.
Synonyms: poisonous, toxic, deadly
Antonyms: innocuous, safe, pleasant
Usage: “they were overcome by the noxious fumes”
5) Antiquated (Adjective) – प्राचीन, पुराने ढंग का
Meaning: old-fashioned or outdated.
Synonyms: outdated, out of date
Antonyms: current, modern
Usage: “this antiquated central heating system”
6) Blight (Noun) – हानि पहुंचाने वाला
Meaning: a thing that spoils or damages something.
Synonyms: affliction, scourge, bane
Usage: “the vacant properties are a blight on the neighbourhood”
7) Precipitated (Verb) – अनपेक्षित
Meaning: cause (an event or situation, typically one that is undesirable) to happen suddenly, unexpectedly, or prematurely.
Synonyms: cause, lead to, occasion
Antonyms: prevented, stopped
Usage: “the incident precipitated a political crisis”
8) Conducive (Adjective) – अनुकूल
Meaning: making a certain situation or outcome likely or possible.
Synonyms: good for, helpful to
Antonyms: unhelpful, useless
Usage: “the harsh lights and cameras were hardly conducive to a relaxed atmosphere”
9) Disparate (Adjective) – मुक़्तलिफ़
Meaning: essentially different in kind; not able to be compared.
Synonyms: contrasting, different, differing
Usage: “they inhabit disparate worlds of thought”
10) Equitable (Adjective) – साम्यिक
Meaning: fair and impartial.
Synonyms: fair, just, impartial
Antonyms: inequitable, unfair
Usage: “the equitable distribution of resources”
- Computer Knowledge Quiz for all Competitive Exams: Day 3
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Jan Month– Day 22
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Jan Month– Day 21
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Jan Month– Day 20
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Jan Month– Day 19
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Jan Month– Day 18