1) Resumption (Noun) – पुनरारंभ
Meaning: the action of beginning something again after a pause or interruption.
Synonyms: restart, restarting, recommencement
Antonyms: suspension, abandonment
Usage: “with peace came the resumption of foreign imports”
2) Unrelenting (Adjective) – बेदर्द
Meaning: not giving way to kindness or compassion.
Synonyms: continual, constant, continuous
Antonyms: intermittent, spasmodic
Usage: “unrelenting opponents”
3) Legitimate (Adjective) – कानूनी
Meaning: conforming to the law or to rules.
Synonyms: legal, lawful, licit
Antonyms: illegal, illegitimate
Usage: “his claims to legitimate authority”
4) Aggravated (Verb) – कष्टप्रद करना
Meaning: annoy or exasperate.
Synonyms: annoy, irritate, exasperate
Antonyms: calm, conciliate
Usage: “military action would only aggravate the situation”
5) Bungled (Verb) – गड़बड़ करना
Meaning: carry out (a task) clumsily or incompetently.
Synonyms: mishandle, mismanage, mess up
Antonyms: succeed in, manage successfully
Usage: “he bungled his first attempt to manage a group of professional players”
6) Wane (Verb) – कमी या गिरावट होना
Meaning: decrease in vigour or extent; become weaker.
Synonyms: decrease, decline, diminish
Antonyms: increase, grow
Usage: “confidence in the dollar waned”
7) Reckless (Adjective) – लापरवाह
Meaning: heedless of danger or the consequences of one’s actions; rash or impetuous.
Synonyms: rash, careless, thoughtless
Antonyms: careful, cautious, prudent
Usage: “you mustn’t be so reckless”
8) Indiscriminate (Adjective) – अंधाधुंध
Meaning: done at random or without careful judgement.
Synonyms: non-selective, unselective, undiscriminating
Antonyms: selective, discriminating, systematic
Usage: “the indiscriminate use of antibiotics can cause problems”
9) Prosecute (Verb) – अभियोजित करना
Meaning: carry on (a trade or pursuit).
Synonyms: pursue, carry on, conduct
Antonyms: give up
Usage: “I am waiting for permission to prosecute my craft”
10) Quashing (Verb) – रद्द करने
Meaning: reject as invalid, especially by legal procedure.
Synonyms: cancel, reverse, rescind
Usage: “his conviction was quashed on appeal”
- 11th and 12th June 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- 11th and 12th June 2021 Current Affairs in English
- 10th June 2021 Current Affairs in English
- 09th June 2021 Current Affairs in English
- 07th and 08th June 2021 Current Affairs in English
- 10th June 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
69 total views, 1 views today