1) Languish (Noun) – कमजोर हो जाना
Meaning: lose or lack vitality; grow weak.
Synonyms: weaken, grow weak, deteriorate
Antonyms: thrive, flourish
Usage: “plants may appear to be languishing simply because they are dormant”
2) Remunerative (Verb) – पारिश्रमिक-संबंधी
Meaning: financially rewarding; lucrative.
Synonyms: lucrative, well paid
Antonyms: unprofitable, loss-making
Usage: “highly remunerative activities”
3) Rendered (Verb) – प्रदान करना या देना
Meaning: provide or give (a service, help, etc.).
Synonyms: give, provide, supply
Antonyms: ignored, neglected, disregarded
Usage: “money serves as a reward for services rendered”
4) Buoyant (Adjective) – प्रसन्नचित्त
Meaning: cheerful and optimistic.
Synonyms: cheerful, cheery, happy
Antonyms: depressed, pessimistic
Usage: “the conference ended with the party in a buoyant mood”
5) Catastrophic (Adjective) – विपत्तिपूर्ण
Meaning: extremely unfortunate or unsuccessful.
Synonyms: disastrous, calamitous, cataclysmic
Antonyms: fortunate, beneficial
Usage: “catastrophic mismanagement of the economy”
6) Reliable (Adjective) – विश्वसनीय
Meaning: consistently good in quality or performance; able to be trusted.
Synonyms: dependable, good, well founded
Antonyms: unreliable, untrustworthy, dodgy
Usage: “a reliable source of information”
7) Imperilled (Verb) – संकट में डालना
Meaning: put at risk of being harmed, injured, or destroyed.
Synonyms: endanger, jeopardize, risk, put at risk
Antonyms: alright, agreeable, copacetic
Usage: “they advised against tax increases for fear of imperilling the recovery”
8) Extradite (Verb) – प्रत्यर्पित करना
Meaning: hand over (a person accused or convicted of a crime) to the jurisdiction of the foreign state in which the crime was committed.
Synonyms: deport, hand over, send back
Antonyms: hold, keep, admit, allow
Usage: “Brazil refused to extradite him to Britain”
9) Rogue (Noun) – कपटी मनुष्य
Meaning: a dishonest or unprincipled man.
Synonyms: scoundrel, villain, reprobate
Antonyms: honest, straight, frank, open
Usage: “you are a rogue and an embezzler”
10) Litigant (Noun) – मुक़दमेबाज़
Meaning: a person involved in a lawsuit.
Synonyms: litigator, opponent in law, opponent, contestant
Antonyms: defendant, suspect
Usage: Number One is the represented litigant who is compensated for both costs and counsel fees.
- Daily Current Affairs in English 11 Sep 2022 – Useful for all Competitive Exams
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 10
- 11 Sep 2022 Daily Current Affairs in Hindi – सभी प्रतियोगी परीक्षाओं के लिए महत्वपूर्ण
- 10 Sep 2022 Daily Current Affairs in Hindi – सभी प्रतियोगी परीक्षाओं के लिए महत्वपूर्ण
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 9
- Daily Current Affairs in English 10 Sep 2022 – Useful for all Competitive Exams