1) Escalate (Verb) – तेजी से वृद्धि होना
Meaning: increase rapidly.
Synonyms: soar, rocket, shoot up
Usage: “the price of tickets escalated”
2) Abide (Verb) – पालन करना
Meaning: accept or act in accordance with (a rule, decision, or recommendation).
Synonyms: obey, observe, follow
Antonyms: flout, reject
Usage: “I said I would abide by their decision”
3) Contested (Verb) – विरोध, आपत्ति, चुनौती
Meaning: oppose (an action or theory) as mistaken or wrong.
Synonyms: oppose, object to, challenge
Antonyms: agree with
Usage: “the former chairman contests his dismissal”
4) Obstruct (Verb) – बाधा डालना
Meaning: block (an opening, path, road, etc.); be or get in the way of.
Synonyms: block, block up, clog
Usage: “she was obstructing the entrance”
5) Brigade (Noun) – इकाई, टुकड़ी, बटालियन
Meaning: a subdivision of an army, typically consisting of a small number of infantry battalions and/or other units and forming part of a division.
Synonyms: unit, contingent, battalion
Antonyms: individual, one, whole
Usage: “he commanded a brigade of 3,000 men”
6) Revive (Verb) – पुनरजीवित करना
Meaning: give new strength or energy to.
Synonyms: reinvigorate, revitalize, refresh
Usage: “the cool, refreshing water revived us all”
7) Impetus (Noun) – गति, प्रणोदन, आवेग
Meaning: the force or energy with which a body moves.
Synonyms: momentum, propulsion, impulsion
Antonyms: disincentive, block, check
Usage: “hit the booster coil before the flywheel loses all its impetus”
8) Protracted (Adjective) – दीर्घकालिक
Meaning: lasting for a long time or longer than expected or usual.
Synonyms: prolonged, extended, stretched out
Antonyms: brief, short, fleeting
Usage: “a protracted and bitter dispute”
9) Reliable (Adjective) – विश्वसनीय
Meaning: consistently good in quality or performance; able to be trusted.
Synonyms: dependable, good, well founded
Antonyms: unreliable, untrustworthy, dodgy
Usage: “a reliable source of information”
10) Precarious (Noun) – संयोग पर निर्भर
Meaning: dependent on chance; uncertain.
Synonyms: uncertain, insecure, unreliable
Antonyms: safe, secure
Usage: “he made a precarious living as a painter”
- CBSE 10th, 12th Result 2021 LIVE: Board Expected to Declare Class 12 Result Today, Class 10 Scores by Aug 1 at cbse.nic.in
- Indian Navy Group C Civilian Personnel Offline Form 2021
- 29th July 2021 Current Affairs in English
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: July Month– Day 29
- 29th July 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: July Month– Day 28
55 total views, 1 views today