1) Obsessed (Verb) – जुनून सवार होना
Meaning: preoccupy or fill the mind of (someone) continually and to a troubling extent.
Synonyms: possess, haunt, consume
Antonyms: aloof, detached
Usage: “he was obsessed with the idea of revenge”
2) Leapt (Verb) – छलांग लगाना
Meaning: jump or spring a long way, to a great height, or with great force.
Synonyms: jump, vault over, vault
Antonyms: allowed, declined, decreased
Usage: “he leapt on to the parapet”
3) Plea (Noun) – दलील
Meaning: a request made in an urgent and emotional manner.
Synonyms: appeal, entreaty, supplication
Antonyms: answer, decision, demand
Usage: “he made a dramatic plea for disarmament”
4) Replicated (Verb) – नक़ल करना
Meaning: make an exact copy of; reproduce.
Synonyms: copy, reproduce, duplicate
Antonyms: created, conceived
Usage: “it might be impractical to replicate Eastern culture in the west”
5) Ubiquitous (Adjective) – सर्वव्यापक
Meaning: present, appearing, or found everywhere.
Synonyms: omnipresent, ever-present
Antonyms: rare, scarce
Usage: “his ubiquitous influence was felt by all the family”
6) Shrug (Noun) – उचकाना
Meaning: dismiss something as unimportant.
Synonyms: disregard, dismiss
Antonyms: nod, agree
Usage: “the managing director shrugged off the criticism”
7) Protracted (Adjective) – दीर्घकालिक
Meaning: lasting for a long time or longer than expected or usual.
Synonyms: prolonged, extended, stretched out
Antonyms: brief, short
Usage: “a protracted and bitter dispute”
8) Indicted (Verb) – औपचारिक रूप से आरोप लगाना
Meaning: formally accuse of or charge with a crime.
Synonyms: summons, cite
Usage: “his former manager was indicted for fraud”
9) Oust (Verb) – बाहर निकालना
Meaning: drive out or expel (someone) from a position or place.
Synonyms: expel, force out, throw out
Antonyms: accept, allow, appoint
Usage: “the reformists were ousted from power”
10) Splintering (Verb) – खमाची करना
Meaning: break or cause to break into small sharp fragments.
Synonyms: shatter, break into tiny pieces
Antonyms: unification, union
Usage: “the soap box splintered”
- 23rd July 2021 Current Affairs in English
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: July Month– Day 23
- 23rd July 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- 21st & 22nd July 2021 Current Affairs in English
- 21st & 22nd July 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: July Month– Day 22
66 total views, 1 views today