1) Resumption (Noun) — पुनरारंभ
Meaning: the action of beginning something again after a pause or interruption.
Synonyms: restart, restarting, recommencement
Antonyms: suspension, abandonment
Usage: “with peace came the resumption of foreign imports”
2) Intervening (Verb) — हस्तक्षेप करना
Meaning: take part in something so as to prevent or alter a result or course of events.
Synonyms: intercede, involve oneself, get involved
Antonyms: extreme, farthermost, farthest
Usage: “he acted outside his authority when he intervened in the dispute”
3) Impunity (Noun) — दण्ड से मुक्ति
Meaning: exemption from punishment or freedom from the injurious consequences of an action.
Synonyms: indemnity, exemption from punishment
Antonyms: liability, responsibility
Usage: “the impunity enjoyed by military officers implicated in civilian killings”
4) Replenishing (Verb) — पुनःपूर्ति करना
Meaning: fill (something) up again.
Synonyms: refill, top up, fill up, recharge
Usage: “he replenished Justin’s glass with mineral water”
5) Touted (Verb) — प्रशंसा या समर्थन करना
Meaning: attempt to persuade people of the merits of.
Synonyms: commend, endorse, praise
Antonyms: criticized, unsung
Usage: “she was touted as a potential Prime Minister”
6) Unenviable (Adjective) — अवांछनीय
Meaning: difficult, undesirable, or unpleasant.
Synonyms: disagreeable, unpleasant, undesirable
Antonyms: enviable, desirable
Usage: “an unenviable reputation for drunkenness”
7) Divesting (Verb) — वंचित करना
Meaning: deprive someone of (power, rights, or possessions).
Synonyms: deprive, strip, dispossess
Antonyms: clothing, covering, giving
Usage: “men are unlikely to be divested of power without a struggle”
8) Reconcile (Verb) — सामंजस्य करना
Meaning: settle (a quarrel).
Synonyms: reunite, bring (back) together (again)
Antonyms: estrange, alienate
Usage: “advice on how to reconcile the conflict”
9) Accretion (Noun) — अभिवृद्धि
Meaning: growth or increase by the gradual accumulation of additional layers or matter.
Synonyms: accumulation, collecting, gathering
Antonyms: abatement, decline, decrease
Usage: “the accretion of sediments in coastal mangroves”
10) Clampdown (Noun) – दमन या रोकथाम
Meaning: a concerted or harsh attempt to suppress something.
Synonyms: suppression, prevention, stopping
Antonyms: beginning, start, freedom, incitement
Usage: “a clampdown on crime”
- विभिन्न प्रतियोगी परीक्षाओं के लिए उपयोगी कंप्यूटर नोट्स
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 28
- Daily Current Affairs in English: 27th and 28th Sep 2021
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 27
- 27th & 28th Sep 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- Daily Current Affairs in Hindi – 26 Sep 2021
311 total views, 1 views today