1) Stark (Adjective) — दिखने या रूपरेखा में गंभीर
Meaning: severe or bare in appearance or outline.
Synonyms: sharply delineated, sharp, sharply defined
Antonyms: fuzzy, indistinct, pleasant
Usage: “the ridge formed a stark silhouette against the sky”
2) Nascent (Adjective) — नवजात
Meaning: just coming into existence and beginning to display signs of future potential.
Synonyms: just beginning, budding, developing
Antonyms:adult, full-blown, full-fledged
Usage: “the nascent space industry”
3) Mired (Verb) — फंस जाना
Meaning: involve someone or something in (a difficult situation).
Synonyms: entangle, tangle up, embroil
Antonyms:excluded, freed, liberated
Usage: “the economy is mired in its longest recession since the war”
4) Slump (Verb) — गिर पड़ना
Meaning: sit, lean, or fall heavily and limply.
Synonyms: sit heavily, flop, flump
Antonyms: stand up, sit up
Usage: “she slumped against the cushions”
5) Spree (Noun) — होड़
Meaning: a spell or sustained period of unrestrained activity of a particular kind.
Synonyms: unrestrained bout, orgy, binge
Antonyms: care, thriftiness, abstention
Usage: “he went on a six-month crime spree”
6) Leeway (Noun) — स्वतंत्रता
Meaning: the amount of freedom to move or act that is available.
Synonyms: freedom, scope, room to manoeuvre
Antonyms: constraint, restriction
Usage: “the government had greater leeway to introduce reforms”
7) Augment (Verb) – संवर्ध करना
Meaning: make (something) greater by adding to it; increase.
Synonyms: increase, make larger, make bigger
Usage: “he augmented his summer income by painting houses”
8) Expediting (Verb) – शीघ्र करना
Meaning: make (an action or process) happen sooner or be accomplished more quickly.
Synonyms: speed up, accelerate, hurry
Antonyms: delay, hinder
Usage:”he promised to expedite economic reforms”
9) Recidivism (Noun) – वैराग्य
Meaning: the tendency of a convicted criminal to reoffend.
Synonyms:backsliding, habit, lapse
Antonyms: ascent, betterment, improvement
Usage: “the prison has succeeded in reducing recidivism”
10) Uptick (Noun) — एक छोटी सी वृद्धि
Meaning: a small increase or slight upward trend.
Synonyms: accretion, accrual, addendum
Antonyms: abatement, decline, decrease
Usage: “an uptick in foreign tourism”
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 18
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 17
- 18 April 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 16
- Current Affairs in English – 18 April 2021
- 16th and 17th April 2021 Current Affairs in English
51 total views, 1 views today