1) Perversity (Noun) — प्रतिकूलता
Meaning: a deliberate desire to behave in an unreasonable or unacceptable way; contrariness.
Synonyms: contrariness, perverseness, awkwardness
Antonyms: irresolution malleability compliance
Usage: “they responded with typical perversity”
2) Quashing (Verb) — रद्द करना
Meaning: reject as invalid, especially by legal procedure.
Synonyms: cancel, reverse, rescind, repeal
Usage: “his conviction was quashed on appeal”
3) Semblance (Noun) — बाहरी दिखावा
Meaning: the outward appearance or apparent form of something, especially when the reality is different.
Synonyms: appearance, outward appearance, approximation
Antonyms:back, character, concrete
Usage: “she tried to force her thoughts back into some semblance of order”
4) Succumbed (Verb) – आगे घुटने टेक देना
Meaning: fail to resist pressure, temptation, or some other negative force.
Synonyms: yield, give in, give way
Antonyms: resist, conquer
Usage: “we cannot merely give up and succumb to despair”
5) Lapses (Noun) — खामियों
Meaning: a brief or temporary failure of concentration, memory, or judgement.
Synonyms: failure, failing, slip
Antonyms: accuracy, achievement, advantage
Usage: “a lapse of concentration in the second set cost her the match”
6) Salvage (Verb) — उबारना
Meaning: rescue (a wrecked or disabled ship or its cargo) from loss at sea.
Synonyms: rescue, save, recover
Antonyms: abandon, endanger, forfeit
Usage: “an emerald and gold cross was salvaged from the wreck”
7) Contours (Noun) — रूपरेखा
Meaning: an outline representing or bounding the shape or form of something.
Synonyms: outline, shape, form
Antonyms: difference, reality
Usage: “she traced the contours of his face with her finger”
8) Impasse (Noun) — गतिरोध
Meaning: a situation in which no progress is possible, especially because of disagreement; a deadlock.
Synonyms: deadlock, dead end, stalemate
Antonyms: agreement, boon, breakthrough
Usage:”the current political impasse”
9) Wrest (Verb) — जबरन खींचना
Meaning: forcibly pull (something) from a person’s grasp.
Synonyms:wrench, snatch, seize
Antonyms: give, aid, assist
Usage: “Leila tried to wrest her arm from his hold”
10) Avowed (Verb) – स्वीकारोक्ति करना
Meaning: assert or confess openly.
Synonyms: assert, declare, state
Antonyms: deny, gainsay, censure
Usage: “he avowed that he had voted Labour in every election”
- विभिन्न प्रतियोगी परीक्षाओं के लिए उपयोगी कंप्यूटर नोट्स
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 28
- Daily Current Affairs in English: 27th and 28th Sep 2021
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 27
- 27th & 28th Sep 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- Daily Current Affairs in Hindi – 26 Sep 2021
90 total views, 1 views today