1) Inauguration (Noun) — उद्घाटन
Meaning: the beginning or introduction of a system, policy, or period.
Synonyms: initiation, institution, setting up, launch
Antonyms: demise, winding up
Usage: “the inauguration of an independent prosecution service”
2) Peer (Noun) — सावधानी से देखना
Meaning: look with difficulty or concentration at someone or something.
Antonyms: cottar, boor, commoner
Usage: “Faye peered at her with suspicion”
3) Fervent (Noun) — आवेशपूर्ण
Meaning: having or displaying a passionate intensity.
Synonyms: impassioned, passionate
Usage: “a fervent supporter of the revolution”
4) Obeisance (Noun) — सम्मानजनक सम्मान
Meaning: deferential respect.
Synonyms: respect, homage
Usage: “they paid obeisance to the Prince”
5) Plumb (Noun) — साहुल
Meaning: measure (the depth of a body of water). a ball of lead or other heavy object attached to the end of a line for finding the depth of water or determining the vertical on an upright surface.
Synonyms: right, exactly, precisely
Usage: “I plumbed the depth and found the bottom of the shelf to be seven metres down”
6) Slugfest (Noun) — कठिन और चुनौतीपूर्ण प्रतियोगिता
Meaning: a tough and challenging contest, especially in sports such as boxing and baseball.
Synonyms: melee, fisticuffs, fracas, free-for-all
Usage: “the fight brought back memories of the classic 1976 Lyle-Foreman slugfest”
7) Recriminations (Noun) – आरोप
Meaning: an accusation in response to one from someone else.
Synonyms: accusation(s), mutual accusation(s), counter-accusation(s)
Usage: “there are no tears, no recriminations”
8) Derailed (Noun) — पटरी से उतरना
Meaning: cause (a train or tram) to leave its tracks accidentally. (of a train or tram) accidentally leave the tracks. obstruct (a process) by diverting it from its intended course.
Synonyms: inhibit, disrupt
Antonyms: allay, alleviate, assuage
Usage: “a train was derailed after it collided with a herd of cattle”
9) Devout (Noun) — धर्मनिष्ठ
Meaning: having or showing deep religious feeling or commitment.
Synonyms: dedicated, devoted, committed
Antonyms: insincere, lapsed
Usage: “she was a devout Catholic”
10) Churlish (Noun) – अक्खड़ या अशिष्ट
Meaning: rude in a mean-spirited and surly way.
Synonyms: rude, ill-mannered, discourteous
Usage: “it seems churlish to complain”
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 18
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 17
- 18 April 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 16
- Current Affairs in English – 18 April 2021
- 16th and 17th April 2021 Current Affairs in English
28 total views, 1 views today