1) Frail (Adjective) — दुर्बल
Meaning: (of a person) weak and delicate.
Synonyms: infirm, weak, weakened
Antonyms: strong, fit
Usage: “his small, frail body”
2) Tenet (Noun) — सिद्धांत
Meaning: a principle or belief, especially one of the main principles of a religion or philosophy.
Synonyms: principle, belief, doctrine
Antonyms:disbelief, doubt, reality
Usage: “the tenets of classical liberalism”
3) Pristine (Adjective) – बेदाग़
Meaning: clean and fresh as if new; spotless.
Synonyms: immaculate, in perfect condition
Usage: “a pristine white shirt”
4) Obfuscation (Noun) — स्पष्टीकरण
Meaning: the action of making something obscure, unclear, or unintelligible.
Antonyms: deception, equivocation, evasiveness
Usage: “when confronted with sharp questions they resort to obfuscation”
5) Hapless (Adjective) — अभागी
Meaning: (especially of a person) unfortunate.
Synonyms: unfortunate, unlucky, luckless
Usage: “the hapless victims of the disaster”
6) Sectarian (Adjective) -किसी विशेष मत या पंथ-संबंधी
Meaning: rigidly following the doctrines of a sect or other group.
Synonyms: factional, schismatic, cliquish
Antonyms: tolerant, liberal, broad-minded
Usage: “the sectarian Bolshevism advocated by Moscow”
7) Incursion (Noun) — आक्रमण
Meaning: an invasion or attack, especially a sudden or brief one.
Synonyms: attack on, assault on, raid on
Usage: “incursions into enemy territory”
8) Anticipated (Verb) – प्रत्याशित होना
Meaning: look forward to.
Synonyms: pre-empt, forestall, intercept
Usage:”Stephen was eagerly anticipating the break from the routine of business”
9) Tantamount (Adjective) – से समान
Meaning: equivalent in seriousness to; virtually the same as.
Synonyms: equivalent to, equal to, amounting to
Antonyms: different, opposite, polar
Usage: “the resignations were tantamount to an admission of guilt”
10) Plunge (Verb) – अचानक और अनियंत्रित रूप से गिरना
Meaning: fall suddenly and uncontrollably.
Synonyms: crash, plummet, pitch
Antonyms: incline mound mountain
Usage: “a car swerved to avoid a bus and plunged into a ravine”
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 18
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 17
- 18 April 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 16
- Current Affairs in English – 18 April 2021
- 16th and 17th April 2021 Current Affairs in English
49 total views, 1 views today