1) Helm (Noun) — नेतृत्व की एक स्थिति
Meaning: a position of leadership.
Synonyms: in charge, in command, in control
Antonyms: accept, adopt, back
Usage: “the chairman is to step down after four years at the helm”
2) Augmented (Verb) — संवर्धित करना
Meaning: make (something) greater by adding to it; increase.
Synonyms: increase, make larger, make bigger
Usage: “he augmented his summer income by painting houses”
3) Dissent (Noun) — असहमति
Meaning: the holding or expression of opinions at variance with those commonly or officially held.
Synonyms: disagreement, lack of agreement, difference of opinion
Usage: “there was no dissent from this view”
4) Fray (Verb) — तनाव के प्रभाव दिखाना
Meaning: show the effects of strain.
Synonyms: strain, tax, overtax, irritate
Antonyms: peace, a — उदासीनताccord, armistice
Usage: “as the temperature rose, tempers frayed”
5) Apathy (Noun) — उदासीनता
Meaning: lack of interest, enthusiasm, or concern.
Synonyms: indifference, lack of interest, lack of enthusiasm
Antonyms: enthusiasm, interest, passion
Usage: “widespread apathy among students”
6) Entangled (Verb) – उलझा हुआ
Meaning: cause to become twisted together with or caught in.
Synonyms: intertwine, entwine, tangle
Antonyms: disentangle, release
Usage: “fish attempt to swim through the mesh and become entangled”
7) Forge (Verb) – नक़ल करना
Meaning: produce a fraudulent copy or imitation of (a document, signature, banknote, or work of art).
Synonyms: fake, falsify, counterfeit, copy fraudulently
Usage: “the signature on the cheque was forged”
8) Austerity (Noun) — तपस्या
Meaning: plainness and simplicity in appearance
Synonyms: formality, gravity, seriousness
Antonyms: levity, informality, kindness
Usage:”the room was decorated with a restraint bordering on austerity”
9) Stance (Noun) — दृष्टिकोण
Meaning: the attitude of a person or organization towards something; a standpoint.
Synonyms: attitude, stand, point of view
Antonyms: cluelessness, ignorance, incomprehension
Usage: “the party is changing its stance on Europe”
10) Rectitude (Noun) — इंसाफ
Meaning: morally correct behaviour or thinking; righteousness.
Synonyms: righteousness, goodness, virtue
Antonyms: infamy, dishonesty
Usage: “Mattie is a model of rectitude”
- Daily Current Affairs in English 11 Sep 2022 – Useful for all Competitive Exams
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 10
- 11 Sep 2022 Daily Current Affairs in Hindi – सभी प्रतियोगी परीक्षाओं के लिए महत्वपूर्ण
- 10 Sep 2022 Daily Current Affairs in Hindi – सभी प्रतियोगी परीक्षाओं के लिए महत्वपूर्ण
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 9
- Daily Current Affairs in English 10 Sep 2022 – Useful for all Competitive Exams