1) Impoverished (Verb) – गरीब बना देना
Meaning: make (a person or area) poor.
Synonyms: make poor, make penniless, reduce to penury
Antonyms: make wealthy, rich, wealthy
Usage: “the wars had impoverished him”
2) Avowed (Verb) — मुखरता या स्वीकारोक्ति करना
Meaning: assert or confess openly.
Synonyms: assert, declare, state, maintain
Usage: “he avowed that he had voted Labour in every election”
3) Ramshackle (Adjective) — लुढ़कना
Meaning: (especially of a house or vehicle) in a state of severe disrepair.
Synonyms: tumbledown, dilapidated, derelict
Antonyms: well maintained, sturdy
Usage: “a ramshackle cottage”
4) Erred (Verb) – गलती करना
Meaning: be mistaken or incorrect; make a mistake.
Synonyms: make a mistake, be wrong, be in error
Antonyms: be right, innocent, well behaved
Usage: “the judge had erred in ruling that the evidence was inadmissible”
5) Resorted (Verb) — सहायता या परामर्श लेना
Meaning: turn to and adopt (a course of action, especially an extreme or undesirable one) so as to resolve a difficult situation.
Synonyms: have recourse to, fall back on, turn to
Antonyms: abstained, avoided, broke
Usage: “the duke was prepared to resort to force if negotiation failed”
6) Sludge (Noun) — कीचड़
Meaning: thick, soft, wet mud or a similar viscous mixture of liquid and solid components
Synonyms: mud, muck, mire, ooze, silt
Antonyms: assets, cleanliness, possessions
Usage: “the dumping of sewage sludge”
7) Dire (Adjective) – अत्यंत गंभीर या अत्यावश्यक
Meaning: extremely serious or urgent.
Synonyms: terrible, dreadful, appalling
Antonyms: good, mild
Usage: “misuse of drugs can have dire consequences”
8) Straits (Noun) – कठिनाई या संकट
Meaning: a situation that is confused and full of problems
Synonyms: difficulty, trouble, crisis
Antonyms: benefit, boon, ease
Usage:”the economy is in dire straits”
9) Lingering (Adjective) – लंबे समय तक स्थायी
Meaning: lasting for a long time or slow to end.
Synonyms: remaining, surviving, persisting
Usage: “there are still some lingering doubts in my mind”
10) Disarray (Noun) — अव्यवस्था
Meaning: a state of disorganization or untidiness.
Synonyms: disorder, confusion, chaos
Antonyms: tidiness, orderliness
Usage: “her grey hair was in disarray”
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 18
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 17
- 18 April 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 16
- Current Affairs in English – 18 April 2021
- 16th and 17th April 2021 Current Affairs in English
586 total views, 1 views today