1) Afloat (Adjective) — कर्ज या कठिनाई से बाहर
Meaning: out of debt or difficulty.
Synonyms: drifting, buoyant, adrift
Antonyms: broke, ruined, busy
Usage: “professional management will be needed to keep firms afloat”
2) Affluent (Adjective) — धनी
Meaning: having a great deal of money; wealthy.
Synonyms: wealthy, rich, prosperous, opulent
Usage: “the affluent societies of the western world”
3) Adaptation (Noun) — रूपांतर
Meaning: the action or process of adapting or being adapted.
Synonyms: converting, conversion, alteration
Antonyms:stagnation, stability, inactivity
Usage: “the adaptation of teaching strategy to meet students’ needs”
4) Consensus (Noun) — मतैक्य
Meaning: a general agreement.
Synonyms: agreement, harmony, concord
Antonyms: disagreement, minority view
Usage: “there is a growing consensus that the current regime has failed”
5) Sapping (Verb) – शक्तिहीन या निर्बल करना
Meaning: gradually weaken or destroy (a person’s strength or power).
Synonyms: erode, wear away, wear down
Antonyms: refreshing, absorbing, engaging
Usage: “our energy is being sapped by bureaucrats and politicians”
6) Nullifying (Verb) — मंसूख़ करना
Meaning: make legally null and void; invalidate.
Synonyms: annul, declare null and void
Antonyms: ratify, validate, confirm
Usage: “judges were unwilling to nullify government decisions”
7) Clamour (Noun) — कोलाहल
Meaning: a loud and confused noise, especially that of people shouting.
Synonyms: din, racket, loud noise, uproar
Usage: “the questions rose to a clamour”
8) Rigour (Noun) — सावधानी या संपूर्णता
Meaning: the quality of being extremely thorough and careful.
Synonyms: meticulousness, thoroughness, carefulness
Usage:”his analysis is lacking in rigour”
9) Spurred (Verb) – प्रेरित करना
Meaning: give an incentive or encouragement to (someone).
Synonyms: stimulate, give the incentive to
Antonyms: calmed, checked, deadened
Usage: “her sons’ passion for computer games spurred her on to set up a software business”
10) Assails (Verb) — आक्रमण करना
Meaning: make a concerted or violent attack on.
Synonyms: attack, assault, make an assault on
Antonyms: compliments, defends, exonerates
Usage: “the Scots army assailed Edward’s army from the rear”
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 18
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 17
- 18 April 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: April Month– Day 16
- Current Affairs in English – 18 April 2021
- 16th and 17th April 2021 Current Affairs in English
227 total views, 1 views today