1) Scandal (Noun)
Meaning: an action or event regarded as morally or legally wrong and causing general public outrage.
Synonyms: outrageous wrongdoing, outrageous behaviour
Antonyms: approval, commendation, compliment
Usage: “a bribery scandal involving one of his key supporters”
2) Jettison (Verb)
Meaning: abandon or discard (someone or something that is no longer wanted).
Synonyms: dump, drop, ditch, discharge
Antonyms: load, keep, retain
Usage: “the scheme was jettisoned”
3) Fraught (Adjective)
Meaning: causing or affected by anxiety or stress.
Synonyms: anxious, worried, upset
Usage: “there was a fraught silence”
4) Impasse (Noun)
Meaning: a situation in which no progress is possible, especially because of disagreement; a deadlock.
Synonyms: deadlock, dead end, stalemate
Antonyms: agreement, boon, breakthrough
Usage: “the current political impasse”
5) Pliant (Adjective)
Meaning: easily influenced or directed; yielding.
Synonyms: compliant, biddable, docile, tractable
Antonyms: inflexible, rigid, stiff, stiffened
Usage: “a more pliant prime minister”
6) Dismal (Adjective)
Meaning: causing a mood of gloom or depression.
Synonyms: dingy, dim, dark, gloomy
Antonyms: bright, cheerful
Usage: “the dismal weather made the late afternoon seem like evening”
7) Spur (Noun)
Meaning: a thing that prompts or encourages someone; an incentive.
Synonyms: stimulus, incentive, encouragement
Antonyms: disincentive, discouragement
Usage: “wars act as a spur to practical invention”
8) Shrank (Verb)
Meaning: become or make smaller in size or amount.
Synonyms: get smaller, become/grow smaller, contract
Antonyms: expand, increase
Usage:”the workforce shrank to a thousand”
9) Contraction (Noun)
Meaning: the process of becoming smaller.
Synonyms: shrinking, reduction in size, shrinkage;
Antonyms: expansion, growth
Usage: “the general contraction of the industry did further damage to morale”
10) Deadlocked (Verb)
Meaning: cause (a situation or opposing parties) to come to a point where no progress can be made because of fundamental disagreement.
Synonyms: tie, draw, dead heat
Antonyms: different, unequal, unlike
Usage: “the meeting is deadlocked”
- Weekly Current Affairs One-Liners: साप्ताहिक करंट अफेयर्स वन लाइनर्स – 30 मई से 5 जून, 2022 | Download PDF
- Weekly Current Affairs 30th May 2022 to 05th June 2022
- GA Topper Series: विश्व व्यापार संगठन का 12वां मंत्रिस्तरीय सम्मेलन (12th Ministerial Conference of WTO)
- Agnipath yojna 2022: जानिए अग्निपथ योजना और इससे जुड़े महत्वपूर्ण फैक्टर
- List of important National and International Days in June 2022: देखें जून 2022 के राष्ट्रीय और अंतर्राष्ट्रीय महत्वपूर्ण दिनों की पूरी सूची (List of Important Days in June 2022)
- United Nations Public Service Day: संयुक्त राष्ट्र लोक सेवा दिवस 2022, थीम, इतिहास और महत्व