1) Desperation (Noun) – निराशा
Meaning: a state of despair, typically one which results in rash or extreme behaviour.
Synonyms: hopelessness, despair, distress
Antonyms: hope, hopefulness, advantage
Usage: “she wrote to him in desperation”
2) Legitimate (Adjective) – कानूनी
Meaning: conforming to the law or to rules.
Synonyms: legal, lawful, licit
Usage: “his claims to legitimate authority”
3) Convulsed (Verb) – काबू / हिंसक रूप से हिलना
Meaning: suffer violent involuntary contraction of the muscles, producing contortion of the body or limbs.
Synonyms: shake uncontrollably/violently, go into spasms
Antonyms:cried, wept, sobbed
Usage: “she convulsed, collapsing to the floor with the pain”
4) Crippled (Verb) – विकलांग होना
Meaning: cause (someone) to become unable to walk or move properly.
Synonyms: disable, paralyse, immobilize
Usage: “a young student was crippled for life”
5) Tilt (Noun) – झुकाव
Meaning: move or cause to move into a sloping position.
Synonyms: lean, tip, list
Antonyms: level, right
Usage: “the floor tilted slightly”
6) Plunged (Verb) – जल्दी से जोर लगाना
Meaning: push or thrust quickly.
Synonyms: thrust, stick, ram
Antonyms: increased, rose, grew
Usage: “he plunged his hands into his pockets”
7) Stampeded (Verb) – बेतहाशा भागना
Meaning: rush wildly in a sudden mass panic.
Synonyms: bolt, charge, rush
Antonyms: retreat, standing, recess
Usage: “the nearby sheep stampeded as if they sensed impending danger”
8) Dumping (Verb) – के निपटान करना
Meaning: deposit or dispose of (rubbish, waste, or unwanted material), typically in a careless or hurried way.
Synonyms: dispose of, get rid of, throw away
Antonyms: beginning, building, construction
Usage:”trucks dumped 1,900 tons of refuse here”
9) Boycott (Noun) – बहिष्कार
Meaning: withdraw from commercial or social relations with (a country, organization, or person) as a punishment or protest.
Synonyms:spurn, snub, cold-shoulder
Antonyms: support, approve of
Usage: “we will boycott all banks which take part in the loans scheme”
10) Augur(Noun) – अच्छे या बुरे परिणाम को चित्रित करना
Meaning: portend a good or bad outcome.
Synonyms: bode, portend, herald
Antonyms: conceal, estimate, guess
Usage: “the end of the cold war seemed to augur well”
- 30th July 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- 30th July 2021 Current Affairs in English
- CBSE 10th, 12th Result 2021 LIVE: Board Expected to Declare Class 12 Result Today, Class 10 Scores by Aug 1 at cbse.nic.in
- Indian Navy Group C Civilian Personnel Offline Form 2021
- 29th July 2021 Current Affairs in English
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: July Month– Day 29
56 total views, 1 views today