1) Shrug (Verb) – उचकाना
Meaning: dismiss something as unimportant.
Synonyms: disregard, dismiss, take no notice of
Antonyms: nod, agree, assent
Usage: “the managing director shrugged off the criticism”
2) Retaliation (Noun) – प्रतिकार
Meaning: the action of returning a military attack; counter-attack.
Synonyms: revenge, vengeance, reprisal
Antonyms:forgiveness, pardon, sympathy
Usage: “the bombings are believed to be in retaliation for the trial of 15 suspects”
3) Escalation (Noun)- वृद्धि
Meaning: a rapid increase; a rise.
Synonyms: rapid increase, rise, hike
Usage: “cost escalations”
4) Formidable (Adjective) – दुर्जेय
Meaning: inspiring fear or respect through being impressively large, powerful, intense, or capable.
Synonyms: intimidating, forbidding, redoubtable
Antonyms: pleasant-looking, comforting, easy
Usage: “a formidable opponent”
5) Catastrophic (Adjective) – विपत्तिपूर्ण
Meaning: extremely unfortunate or unsuccessful.
Synonyms: disastrous, calamitous, cataclysmic
Antonyms: fortunate, beneficial
Usage: “catastrophic mismanagement of the economy”
6) Cede (Verb) – आत्मसमर्पण करना
Meaning: give up (power or territory).
Synonyms: surrender, concede, relinquish
Antonyms: keep, gain
Usage: “in 1874, the islands were ceded to Britain”
7) Tangible (Adjective) – मूर्त
Meaning: perceptible by touch.
Synonyms: touchable, palpable, tactile
Usage: “the atmosphere of neglect and abandonment was almost tangible”
8) Slumped (Verb) – भारी और सीमित रूप से गिरना
Meaning: sit, lean, or fall heavily and limply.
Synonyms: sit heavily, flop, flump
Antonyms: stand up, sit up
Usage:”she slumped against the cushions”
9) Belie (Verb) – सच्चा प्रभाव देने में विफल होना
Meaning: fail to give a true impression of (something).
Synonyms:contradict, be at odds with, call into question
Antonyms: testify to, reveal
Usage: “his lively, alert manner belied his years”
10) Posited (Verb) – प्रस्तुत करना
Meaning: put forward as fact or as a basis for argument.
Synonyms: postulate, put forward, advance
Antonyms: addressed, discussed, explored
Usage: “the Confucian view posits a perfectible human nature”
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Jan Month – Day 26
- 26 Jan 2022 Current Affairs Updates in Hindi
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Jan Month – Day 25
- 26 Jan 2022 Most Important Current Affairs Updates – English
- 24th and 25th Jan 2022 Current Affairs in English
- 24th and 25th Jan 2022 Current Affairs in Hindi