1) Pangs (Noun) – तेज दर्द
Meaning: a sudden sharp pain or painful emotion.
Synonyms: pain, sharp pain, shooting pain
Antonyms: relief, cure, healing
Usage: “Lindsey experienced a sharp pang of guilt”
2) Unduly (Adverb) – अनैतिक रूप से
Meaning: to an unwarranted degree; inordinately.
Synonyms: excessively, immoderately, intemperately
Usage: “there is no need to be unduly alarmed”
3) Vaulted (Adjective) – मेहराब वाला
Meaning: having a curve or curves
Synonyms: arched, curved, rounded
Usage: “an unusual brick vaulted ceiling”
4) Contention (Noun) – असहमति, विवाद
Meaning: heated disagreement.
Synonyms: disagreement, dispute, disputation
Usage: “the captured territory was the main area of contention between the two countries”
5) Resentment (Noun) – नाराज़गी
Meaning: bitter indignation at having been treated unfairly.
Synonyms: bitterness, indignation, irritation
Antonyms: contentment, happiness
Usage: “his resentment at being demoted”
6) Bickering (Verb) – क्षुद्र और तुच्छ मामलों में बहस करना
Meaning: argue about petty and trivial matters.
Synonyms: squabble, argue, quarrel
Usage: “couples who bicker over who gets what from the divorce”
7) Bulwark (Noun) – एक रक्षात्मक दीवार
Meaning: a defensive wall.
Synonyms: wall, rampart, fortification
Antonyms: harm, hurt, injury
Usage: It is not the last outpost of colonialism, but the first bulwark of democracy.
8) Adhesive (Noun) – आसंजक
Meaning: a substance used for sticking objects or materials together; glue.
Synonyms: glue, fixative, gum
Antonyms: loose, open, separated
9) Sustenance (Noun) – उपजीवन
Meaning: food and drink regarded as a source of strength; nourishment.
Synonyms:nourishment, food, nutriment
Antonyms: deprivation, extras, starvation
Usage: “poor rural economies turned to potatoes for sustenance”
10) Rigour (Noun) – निठरता
Meaning: the quality of being extremely thorough and careful.
Synonyms: meticulousness, thoroughness, carefulness
Usage: “his analysis is lacking in rigour”
- Daily Current Affairs Headlines for 20th Sep, 21st Sep and 22nd Sep
- Daily Current Affairs Quiz for 20th Sep, 21st Sep and 22nd Sep
- Daily Current Affairs Headlines for 20th Sep, 21st Sep and 22nd Sep in Hindi
- 18th & 19th Sep Current Affairs Quiz
- 18th & 19th Sep Current Affairs in Hindi
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month– Day 19