1) Nagging (Adj) – लगातार दर्द या चिंता करना
Meaning: Persistently painful or worrying
Synonyms: troublesome, unremitting , aching, endless, interminable, lingering
Antonyms: tranquil, comfortable, peaceful, quiet, mollifying
Usage: The numbers were nagging and repetetive
2) Delineate (verb) – वर्णन या चित्रण करना
Meaning: To give a representation, or an account of, in art or literature
Synonyms: describe, portray, chart, depict, silhouette, allocate
Antonyms: confuse, distort, conceal, suppress
Usage: The following description intends to delineate quite a rich, but not
bibliographically registered, resource.
3) Self-flagellating (adj) – डांटना, पीटना, कोड़े मारना
Meaning: flagellate can be used for any variety of whipping or beating, it often means a
kind of religious self-punishment; to whip or scourge
Synonyms: scourging, thrashing, whipping, beating
Usage: It is the British equivalent of Shia Muslims flagellating their backs with chains.
4) Shelve (verb) – परित्याग करना, स्थगित करना
Meaning: To postpone or assign to a later time or date
Synonyms: hold over, abandon, adjourn
Antonyms: execute, implement, revive, advance, complete, contrive
Usage: He opposed it and later shelved it.
5) Gargantuan (noun) – विशाल, बृहत्काय
Meaning: Significantly large in size, amount, value or degree
Synonyms: monumental, mammoth, prodigious, titanic, tremendous
Antonyms: insignificant, miniscule, ordinary, paltry, imperceptible
Usage: His vulgar displays of vanity while in the house were truly gargantuan in proportion.
6) trammel (verb) – वंचित करना
Meaning: Deprive of freedom of action: To become weaker or of poorer quality
Synonyms: ensnare, fetter, forestall, hamstring, hold back, restrain, obstruct
Antonyms: assist, help, facilitate
Usage: I shall not trammel you with any restrictions or annoy you with any advice.
7) Eviscerate (verb) – अंतड़ी निकालना
Meaning: To disembowel, to remove the viscera T o weaken or make feeble
Synonyms: enervate, enfeeble, prostrate, attenuate, blunt, encumber, extenuate
Antonyms: invigorate, strengthen, animate
Usage: Scientists are figuring out how to locate and eviscerate the worst moments of your life.
8) concussion (noun) – अस्थायी बेहोशी
Meaning: temporary unconsciousness or confusion caused by a blow to the head;
Synonyms: impact, crash, jolt
Antonyms: avoidance, building, compliment, construction
Usage: Unless he’s staying overnight because of that mild concussion we’re back to sharing a room.
9) Conquest (verb)- विजय हासिल करना
Meaning: The subjugation and assumption of control of a place or people by military force; An instance of one moving object or person striking violently against another; the act of conquering a country, area, or situation
Synonyms: acquisition, takeover, appropriation, invasion
Antonyms: ignoring, tuning out
Usage: Conquest of nature is fundamental to human progress, and at the centre of the development of civilisation.
10) shunt (verb) – टक्कर लगना
Meaning: Crash against An instance of one moving object or person striking violently against another Bypass or diversion
Synonyms: ; collision, impact, bump, strike, cash
Antonyms: discourage, dissuade, halt, hinder
Usage: How do you coordinate and shunt trains so they don’t smash into each other while going in opposite directions on the same track?
- Daily Current Affairs in English 11 Sep 2022 – Useful for all Competitive Exams
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 10
- 11 Sep 2022 Daily Current Affairs in Hindi – सभी प्रतियोगी परीक्षाओं के लिए महत्वपूर्ण
- 10 Sep 2022 Daily Current Affairs in Hindi – सभी प्रतियोगी परीक्षाओं के लिए महत्वपूर्ण
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 9
- Daily Current Affairs in English 10 Sep 2022 – Useful for all Competitive Exams