1) Subdued (Adjective) – उदास
Meaning: quiet and rather reflective or depressed.
Synonyms: somber, low-spirited, downcast
Antonyms: lively, cheerful, loud
Usage: “I felt strangely subdued as I drove home”
2) Simmer (Verb) – उबलते बिंदु के ठीक नीचे रहें
Meaning: stay just below boiling point while bubbling gently.
Synonyms: boil gently, not quite boil, cook gently
Antonyms: cool, freeze, soothe
Usage: “the goulash was simmering slowly in the oven”
3) Mayhem (Noun) – हाथापाई
Meaning: violent or extreme disorder; chaos.
Synonyms: chaos, disorder, confusion
Antonyms: calm, harmony, order
Usage: “complete mayhem broke out”
4) Horrendous (Adjective) – अत्यंत अप्रिय, भयानक
Meaning: extremely unpleasant, horrifying, or terrible.
Synonyms: horrible, dreadful, horrifying
Antonyms: beautiful, delightful, fortunate
Usage: “she suffered horrendous injuries”
5) Wringing (Verb) – कठिनाई या प्रयास से प्राप्त करना।
Meaning: obtain (something) with difficulty or effort.
Synonyms: extract, elicit, force
Antonyms: aiding, assisting, assuaging
Usage: “few concessions were wrung from the government”
6) Perused (Verb) – ध्यान से जांच करना
Meaning: examine carefully or at length.
Synonyms: read, study, scrutinize
Antonyms: neglected, overlooked, skimmed
Usage: “Laura perused a Caravaggio”
7) Bizarre (Adjective) – अजीब या असामान्य
Meaning: very strange or unusual.
Synonyms: strange, peculiar, odd
Antonyms: ordinary, normal
Usage: “a bizarre situation”
8) Blatant (Adjective) – खुलेआम और बेखौफ होकर करना
Meaning: done openly and unashamedly.
Synonyms: flagrant, glaring, obvious
Antonyms: inconspicuous, subtle
Usage: “blatant lies”
9) Abdication (Noun) – त्याग
Meaning: an act of abdicating or renouncing the throne.
Synonyms: resignation, retirement, relinquishment
Usage: “Edward VIII did not marry until after his abdication”
10) Decrying (Verb) – निंदा करना
Meaning: publicly denounce.
Synonyms: denounce, condemn, criticize
Antonyms: praise, overrate
Usage: “they decried human rights abuses”
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: May Month– Day 15
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: May Month– Day 14
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: May Month– Day 13
- 13th May 2021 Current Affairs in English
- 13th May 2021 Current Affairs in Hindi
- 12th May 2021 Current Affairs in English
64 total views, 2 views today