1) Glaring (verb) – चकाचौंध या अत्यंत उज्ज्वल होना
Meaning: giving out or reflecting a strong or dazzling light.
Synonyms: dazzling blinding, blazing, extremely bright, fluorescent
Antonyms: Dim, low
Usage: The lapses were glaringly exemplified by the death of patient..
2) Ingenious (verb) – विदग्ध
Meaning: clever, original, and inventive.
Synonyms: intuitive, sophisticated, trailblazing, pioneering
Antonyms: unskillful, slow, uninventive, unready
Usage: She was ingenious at finding ways to work more quickly.
3) Pretensions (Noun) – मिथ्याभिमान
Meaning: a claim or assertion of a claim to something.
Synonyms: ostentation, aspiration, claim, assertion
Antonyms: demureness, modestness, simplicity, discreetness, plainness
Usage: He spoke about his achievements without pretension.
4) anoint (verb) – अभिषेक करना
Meaning: smear or rub with oil, typically as part of a religious ceremony.
Synonyms: consecrate, sanctify, bless, ordain.
Antonyms: condemn, degrade, disrespect.
Usage: He was anointed the Chief minister.
5) Galore (noun) – बहुतायत
Meaning: . in abundance.
Synonyms: penty, plethora, copious
Antonyms: scant, miniscule, imperceptible
Usage: There are stories galore of his no nonsense attitude towards freedom
6) Punctilious (Adj) – सूक्ष्म नियमवाला
Meaning: Showing great attention to detail or correct behaviour
Synonyms: fastidious, meticulous, assiduous, stilted, accurate, pedantic, studious, dogmatic (Inclined to lay down principles as undeniably true)
Antonyms: laidback, perfunctory, slipshod, nonchalant (unconcerned)
Usage: He is an honest and very punctilious German
7) rattle (noun) – खड़खड़ाहट
Meaning: To make a series of short sharp noises
Synonyms: convulse, agitate, shatter, vibrate
Antonyms: appease, placate, soothe calm
Usage: An unexpected heat jarred her to her core, and the earth beneath her feet shook violently enough to rattle her teeth.
8) lacerate (verb) – किसी वस्तु को काटना, चीरना
Meaning: Cut, rip an object
Synonyms: butcher, wound, maim (To cause permanent loss of function of a limb), shred
Antonyms: assist, cure
Usage: The broken glass lacerated his feet.
9) insular (Adj)- संकुचित विचार का
Meaning: Ignorant of or uninterested in cultures, ideas, or peoples outside one’s own experience
Synonyms: ignorant, narrow-minded, provincial, parochial, petty, blinkered.
Antonyms: broad-minded, tolerant, cosmopolitan, liberal, open-minded
Usage: Countries are turning more insular.
10) pertain (verb) – से सम्बंधित
Meaning: Be appropriate, related, or applicable to
Synonyms: apply, bear, refer, regard, relate
Antonyms: disconnect, disjoin, divide.
Usage: The aim of the society is to promote genealogy and local history particularly pertaining to the Biddulph area.
- Daily Current Affairs in English 11 Sep 2022 – Useful for all Competitive Exams
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 10
- 11 Sep 2022 Daily Current Affairs in Hindi – सभी प्रतियोगी परीक्षाओं के लिए महत्वपूर्ण
- 10 Sep 2022 Daily Current Affairs in Hindi – सभी प्रतियोगी परीक्षाओं के लिए महत्वपूर्ण
- Hindu Editorial with Vocabulary: Sep Month – Day 9
- Daily Current Affairs in English 10 Sep 2022 – Useful for all Competitive Exams